E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iPod Charging when ignition off?

08-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
5-0
Rep
Drives: E90 M-Sport Plus

iPod Charging when ignition off?

Hi to all,

First post here and looking forward to being part of the E90 community!

I have a July 2011 E90 M-Sport which I specced with the USB audio interface so I could use my iPod via sterring wheel controls etc.

So far it works perfectly but I can't ascertain if, when the ignition is off and the car is parked for several hours/days, is the iPod still getting power and therefore likely to drain the battery?

Anytime I leave it and come back the iPod still seems powered up via the car but it's hard to tell if so or is it just the internal battery in the device. I'd like to leave it connected all the time for convenience but the car often goes a week or more without use so definitely don't want to end up with a flat battery...

Any thoughts from experience would be welcome!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

I'm uncertain on your topic, but I do know that it will take months of constant use to car drain a car battery with an iPod.
Appreciate 0