E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Bare minimum parts for front bumper LCI conversion

08-28-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
TxBeem
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Bare minimum parts for front bumper LCI conversion

I prefer to have someone who has done the pre-lci to M-sport lci conversion answer this. What bare minimum parts do I need to make the front bumper conversion? I know I don't need everything. I'm prob going to do fog delete for this conversion. And down the road I'll replace the hood for lci, but not now.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

you just need the bumper.

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
tphaeng
Captain
Rep
Drives: derrrty

Not trying to thread jack, but is all you need for a e92 just the front bumper also??
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tphaeng View Post
Not trying to thread jack, but is all you need for a e92 just the front bumper also??
Nope. You need new headlights, new grills, and assorted other pieces. Basically, look at the front of your car. Everything you can see will need to be changed.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 12:34 PM   #5
TxBeem
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tphaeng View Post
Nope. You need new headlights, new grills, and assorted other pieces. Basically, look at the front of your car. Everything you can see will need to be changed.
Yes that is if you want the complete version. I think he was wondering what is needed if he chose to start with the front bumper only. I know new grilles, center grille andfog lights if you choose to do this. All the other parts I've heard are not necessary. Some modification to kidney grille is necessary if you choose not to convert hood to make it fit
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
tphaeng
Captain
Rep
Drives: derrrty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBeem View Post
Yes that is if you want the complete version. I think he was wondering what is needed if he chose to start with the front bumper only. I know new grilles, center grille andfog lights if you choose to do this. All the other parts I've heard are not necessary. Some modification to kidney grille is necessary if you choose not to convert hood to make it fit
Cool thanks

Yeah my question was just for the front bumper only not the full lci conversion.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #7
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBeem View Post
No, that's for the E90. For the E92, the shape of the headlights have changed, so it won't line up. The grills have changed, and since those parts are different, I'd be willing to bet the mounting points have changed too.
Appreciate 0