E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Red car on lift reset

08-27-2011, 03:26 AM   #1
rault18
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Red car on lift reset

Guys,

So a couple weeks ago my front sensor got unplugged, I didn't change it for a couple weeks and the "your pad is wore to minimum" and the red brake light in the cluster were up for that time. When I went to change everything, my brakes were good and rotors were good as well. I replaced both sensors and proceeded to do the reset

Reset went thru for front and red ....HOWEVER.. It did not get rid of the red car on the lift, drive message and brake light on cluster.

For what I was reading there are some people saying that if you run with the code for too long only a bt tool or the dealership can get rid of it..I can't afford neither of both..

Questions :

Will a CAN cable (the one used for coding) will be able to get rid of this code?If so..with what software.?
Is there anye other tool that is not bt nor in that price range that can be used to get rid of it?
Is there any solution that you guys recommend ?
Anyone had this experience before? Saw a couple of threads about this ..some saying an ecu upgrade is necessary, others saying different

Thanks in advance !
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

Go to dealership and complain about the light being there.

My SA got it cleared for free as a courtesy
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
rault18
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Won't hurt to try that! Thank you
Appreciate 0