E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > A Special E30

04-21-2007, 06:53 AM   #1
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

A Special E30

I just want to share a recent experience that shows why BMWs are such special cars. Hopefully the guys on this form who are owning a BMW for the first time will better understand why they made such a good choice for an automobile.

The recent spat of bad weather of earlier this week led me to run into my neighbor across the street on the occasion when a rather large section of a beautiful pine tree landed across the road partially blocking the way forward. My neighbor had come to the rescue with her hand saw to start cutting the offending tree to remove it from the road. I offered help suggesting I could go back and get my chainsaw, or better yet, my New Holland tractor to move the felled tree. Her being the modern 40-year old housewife (err.. stay-at-home Mom) would have nothing to do with have help from me and I could tell she was up for the exercise. So as she was knelt down cutting away, she looked up to me and said “thanks so much for selling me that little car, I love it so much.” I felt so good! My only response was, “you are going to sell it back to me when you get bored with it.”

What you don’t know is on the occasion this past May ’06 when my E90 arrived to spend its life with me, I sold my old 1989 E30 325i to my so grateful neighbor. The E30 had 257,000 miles on her when my neighbor took possession. Now, this particular E30 2-door sedan (that’s what BMW called it back then) was purchased by my now wife (then girlfriend at the time) in November 1988 on my suggestion it would be a great replacement for her 1979 Bug ragtop. When we sold it to Ms. “Jones” in May it was in excellent shape, however with bald tires, failing AC, disintegrating roof liner, and a limited-slip differential that had a serious clutch chatter issue. I do know that they have since replaced the AC and tires. How wonderful to be able to offer a old highly used car to the neighbors across the street, and a year later still get thanks for selling it to them.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

I hope eyou did not charge your neighbors more than a 1000 USD for it
      04-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
ENINTY
Banned
Rep