BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-21-2011, 03:41 AM   #1
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2020 Tesla 3 LR AWD

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [10.00]
BMW's Ultimate Drive app

I just discovered this app. I really like the idea (I've been looking for good driving roads around Wiesbaden) but it will depend on user participation to make it worthwhile.

I've had a few minor issues with it but it's a free app and is relatively new. I did a quick search but didn't find any threads. Has anyone else tried it out?

BMW's Ultimate Drive app crowd-sources the world's best roads
Quote:
You might be put off by BMW's vision for the future of mobility, but if you're unconvinced of the automaker's commitment to drivers, there's an app for that.

BMW's Ultimate Drive app for the iPhone and Android-powered smartphones is a prime example of how mobile technology can meld with driver engagement. The app – a free download from the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace – provides users with the best driving roads in their vicinity and the ability to add routes to the database for all to enjoy.

There's a brief tutorial when you open the app to explain the UI elements, how to find and add routes, along with a BMW-curated news feed and the ability to be alerted of new drives added in your area. You can also send your favorite routes through email or Facebook, and you can port the maps to another GPS device or app for turn-by-turn directions – one better than the Aston Martin Experience app we tested earlier this year. Hit the jump for all the details.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
JK135i
8:39
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Garage List
2010 135i  [9.50]
Hahaha I just downloaded it yesterday. There's one "stretch of road" by Schewinfurt that actually looks pretty curvy.