E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Kind of over the 335i..is my car a lemon? need help!

08-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
nosey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 MW M3 coupe

Kind of over the 335i..is my car a lemon? need help!

Hi everyone,

im not a really active member here but i do research alot and find the things on this forum extremely valuable and i would like anyones opinion on this matter. But cutting to the point, im soooo tired of taking in my car for little annoyances and basically want to get a refund for my 08 335i if possible.

My main concern is to see if the lemon law can apply to my case.

History of my car:
I ordered/purchased my car back in 3/2008 and picked it up in may/june of 2008. Only mods i have is injen dci, v2 coilovers, hotchkis sways, and an axle back exhaust. Never chipped and no other engine mods installed.

Problems i incurred over the years were fuel pump replaced in 2009, fuel injectors replaced in 2010 along with the new software update for the fuel pump which was having issues again, my clutch wore out prematurely but got it replaced through warranty a week ago, and now my turbo seems to be dying just a day after i picked up my car last week. I have rattling noise similar to the wastegate actuator arms, and a loud cricket like noise during acceleration and cruising speeds. I have a loud exhaust (meisterschaft) and i can still hear the cricket like noise. Im hoping its only a ripped vacuum line but the car does feel weaker.

Are these normal things to have happen on a car with less than 35k miles on it?? Im at the point where i ask myself every time i get my car back, what else is going to go wrong. I just dont feel safe with this car anymore.

Ive decided to part with the car, but was wondering if the lemon law applies to my particular case and where do i start? Any input would be very much appreciated.

thank you and sorry for the long post, needed to vent a bit
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

It is a bit too late in the life of your car to be considering Lemoning it, isn't it? You are running out of warranty in 5-6 months.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
SpaceGrayE90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Space Gray 335 E90

35k miles and you're considering lemon laws. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
      08-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Trojan4evr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
Yeah bro, No. Too damn late.GL.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosey View Post
Hi everyone,

im not a really active member here but i do research alot and find the things on this forum extremely valuable and i would like anyones opinion on this matter. But cutting to the point, im soooo tired of taking in my car for little annoyances and basically want to get a refund for my 08 335i if possible.

History of my car:
I ordered/purchased my car back in 3/2008 and picked it up in may/june of 2008. Only mods i have is injen dci, v2 coilovers, hotchkis sways, and an axle back exhaust. Never chipped and no other engine mods installed.

Problems i incurred over the years were fuel pump replaced in 2009, fuel injectors replaced in 2010 along with the new software update for the fuel pump which was having issues again, my clutch wore out prematurely but got it replaced through warranty a week ago, and now my turbo seems to be dying just a day after i picked up my car last week. I have rattling noise similar to the wastegate actuator arms, and a loud cricket like noise during acceleration and cruising speeds. I have a loud exhaust (meisterschaft) and i can still hear the cricket like noise. Im hoping its only a ripped vacuum line but the car does feel weaker.

Are these normal things to have happen on a car with less than 35k miles on it?? Im at the point where i ask myself every time i get my car back, what else is going to go wrong. I just dont feel safe with this car anymore.

Ive decided to part with the car, but was wondering if the lemon law applies to my particular case and where do i start? Any input would be very much appreciated.

Check California lemon laws. I am sure that you will find that the car doesn't qualify.

In addition, your many mods are enough to disqualify you.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
PMCU
Private
Rep
Drives: ABM E92

Why not just sell it? Market's pretty good right now

Quote:
Hi everyone,

History of my car:

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 01:07 AM   #7
jw95275
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Audi S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCU View Post
Why not just sell it? Market's pretty good right now
This. And talk to a lemon law attorney, most of them only charge you if you win, and even then their bill is paid by the manufacturer as part of the settlement.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 01:51 AM   #8
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Sell it. Not a chance you can get it lemoned.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 08:07 AM   #9
lucas.kent
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Agree with others. Sell it. The used car market is very strong right now.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #10
BANKAI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
It is a bit too late in the life of your car to be considering Lemoning it, isn't it? You are running out of warranty in 5-6 months.
As stated by some others, talk to an attorney. I have a '07 that I bought used and it technically qualifies due to the 4 repair attempts on the same problem during the factory warranty period.

I have grown to live with the wastegate rattle...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #11
RX7guy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 335i, 93 rx7

Fuel pump, injectors, and wastegate rattle all sound like pretty normal items that are known problems. You should be lucky that they covered the clutch, this is probably your fault, you either cant drive a manual or drive the shit out of your car.

What other cars have you owned that have NO problems that you are so dissatisfied with your BMW? My BMW is pretty reliable compared to the other cars I have owned
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #12
BANKAI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7guy View Post
My BMW is pretty reliable compared to the other cars I have owned
Your sig. says RX-7... so obviously the BMW is more reliable. hahaha Just kidding!

Looking to start my FD project one day.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #13
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

heh, seriously. I've had this pic on my hard drive for years, but maybe they should change the car on it to a 335
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #14
nosey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 MW M3 coupe

thank you all for the input..the only thing is that ive been to the dealer 5 times this year alone. Just thought that was alot compared to the other cars ive owned. I was getting annoyed that once i got my car back, and in less than 1 week, it needs to go back in for another issue...

i love this car dont get me wrong. its just that if it has this much problems now, whats going to happen later down the road?

one more question...after these "common" fixes, no problems?? or is it more like just deal with it, thats how these cars run?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #15
RX7guy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 335i, 93 rx7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANKAI View Post
Your sig. says RX-7... so obviously the BMW is more reliable. hahaha Just kidding!

Looking to start my FD project one day.

no need to say just kidding.. lol love the "reliability" pic, ive seen that one before. Still a great car even if everything breaks
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #16
Propagator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7guy View Post
Still a great car even if everything breaks
Surely you are exaggerating.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #17
Trojan4evr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
thank you all for the input..the only thing is that ive been to the dealer 5 times this year alone. Just thought that was alot compared to the other cars ive owned. I was getting annoyed that once i got my car back, and in less than 1 week, it needs to go back in for another issue...

i love this car dont get me wrong. its just that if it has this much problems now, whats going to happen later down the road?

one more question...after these "common" fixes, no problems?? or is it more like just deal with it, thats how these cars run?
Seems to me your dealer is incompetent and is giving you the run around. which dealer is it if I may ask?

Edit: all dealers all incompetent. Try to see if you can find an indy shop
Appreciate 0