E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 320d shocker, new convert

04-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
Rehnquist
Rep
Drives: 320d M sport, soon

320d shocker, new convert

Hello folks, new to the forum and to BMWs, this is how I got here.

My car was in for some warranty work and the dealer had to lend me the service managers car instead as the normal courtesy car they had lined up for me had some electrical problems, it turned out to be a 320d auto M sport in Le-Mans blue, I wasn't really expecting much as it was a diesel and an auto, it was only the second Auto I'd driven.
After having it for less than an hour I was amazed at how easy to drive, comfortable and to be honest quick it was, it was no rocket ship but for a 2ltr diesel it was amazingly smooth and never seemed to need more power, on the way back to pick up my car I called into the BMW dealer next door and spec'ed one up, I'll be making the final order in about a week so I'll be hanging around here trying to get some ideas on what spec to go for.

1 question I do have is, what is the standard 6 speaker stereo set up like?
and what is the best iPod connection, it comes with the Aux port in the arm rest but how do you get it connected, ok 2 questions really.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
stefano7171
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehnquist View Post
Hello folks, new to the forum and to BMWs, this is how I got here.

My car was in for some warranty work and the dealer had to lend me the service managers car instead as the normal courtesy car they had lined up for me had some electrical problems, it turned out to be a 320d auto M sport in Le-Mans blue, I wasn't really expecting much as it was a diesel and an auto, it was only the second Auto I'd driven.
After having it for less than an hour I was amazed at how easy to drive, comfortable and to be honest quick it was, it was no rocket ship but for a 2ltr diesel it was amazingly smooth and never seemed to need more power, on the way back to pick up my car I called into the BMW dealer next door and spec'ed one up, I'll be making the final order in about a week so I'll be hanging around here trying to get some ideas on what spec to go for.

1 question I do have is, what is the standard 6 speaker stereo set up like?
and what is the best iPod connection, it comes with the Aux port in the arm rest but how do you get it connected, ok 2 questions really.
Stereo: do not know, waiting for mine with standard set-up. somebody else can give you a clue.

IPOD: the option you want is 6FL, usb port and full ipod integration (if you have idrive is better though). With such option you will be able to control all the ipod functions from the idrive and recharge it (usb plug in armrest next to aux-in port, also plays file in normal usb keys). Otherwise you will be able to listen to your ipod simply plugging it into the aux-in, but you will have to use the ipod clickwheel to control it.
      04-18-2007, 12:30 PM   #3
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Congrats.

Don't get the standard loudspeakers, upgrade to hifi or logic7, I have hifi and thats good, haven't heard logic7.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0