Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > New wheels...need suggestions on spacers

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
B335T
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92 335i

New wheels...need suggestions on spacers

Currently installed SF-71's wrapped in V12s with specs:

Front 19x8.5 ET35
Tire size: 235/35/19

Rear 19x9.5 ET35
Tire size: 265/30/19

I have a few questions in mind regarding wheel spacers:

1. Anyone here with identical sizing? If so, what are recommended wheel spacer sizes both front and rear? I would like to keep flush as possible, and avoid any vibration accustomed to certain spacer sizes.

2. Would it make a difference, mechanically (handling)..if spacers are only applied in the rear section? or vice-versa.

3. I plan to drop the car w/V1's, is it necessary to have the coils put in first before the spacers or does it really matter?

4. Recommendations on reputable wheel spacer brands (I've heard Macht Schnell's are top)

All input is appreciated.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 12:04 AM   #2
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Congrats on the Alufelgen SF-71 wheels as they do feature a concave wheel design. Make sure to post up some pictures of the wheels installed when you do get the chance!

1. Anyone here with identical sizing? If so, what are recommended wheel spacer sizes both front and rear? I would like to keep flush as possible, and avoid any vibration accustomed to certain spacer sizes.

19x8.5 ET35 - 5mm spacer bringing the wheels to an ET30
19x9.5 ET35 - 5mm spacers bringing the wheels to an ET30
19x9.5 ET35 - 10mm spacers bringing the wheels to an ET25 (will require a fender roll)

2. Would it make a difference, mechanically (handling)..if spacers are only applied in the rear section? or vice-versa.

Spacers simply push out the wheels farther towards the fender for a more aggressive stance. Spacers are often time used to clear brake calipers, coilovers, as well. There is absolutely no harm installing them onto the vehicle. One key component to remember is that you definitely do need to run extended bolts with the new spacer setups.

3. I plan to drop the car w/V1's, is it necessary to have the coils put in first before the spacers or does it really matter?

I personally would install the KW V1 coilovers before putting the spacers onto the car. You will be able to determine the exact spacer size as you'd be able to measure the amount to clearance that you have with the coils installed.

4. Recommendations on reputable wheel spacer brands (I've heard Macht Schnell's are top)

H&R TRAK wheel spacers are extremely popular. They are made from a proprietary aluminum/magnesium alloy which is not only incredibly strong, but also very light weight (up to 70% lighter than a comparable steel product). TRAK+ wheel spacers are then hard anodized to ensure a tough, durable finish that is resistant to chipping, scratching and oxidation. Hub centric for the highest level of accuracy, TRAK+ wheel spacers are 100% made in Germany under ISO 9001 Quality Assurance standards, and meet the rigid safety criteria of the German TÜV.

Feel free to send me over a PM or give me a call at ************** x 8006 or ask for Alan and I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
B335T
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92 335i

Great response, thanks again Alan!
Appreciate 0