E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Bimmer Retrofit Presents - RearView Camera Module - Preview

08-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Bimmer Retrofit Presents - RearView Camera Module - Preview

Good day everyone and Thank you for reading!

We are pleased to announce that very soon we will be providing our customers and all BMW community with the solution which allow you to add any aftermarket rearview camera to your existed CIC Navigation System and use it as an OEM solution for E6x, E7x and E9x series BMW vehicles.

For all who ordered and already purchased Rear Camera Module we would like to offer a small utility for the Rear Camera Activation. This utility simply activates factory Rear View Camera mode in your CIC head unit.

Utility requires Ediabas 7.0.0 or higher to be installed and configured with your CAN interface (USB K-DCAN, OPS, ICOM, etc.) on your PC.

Also due to security reasons this software requires internet access while activating Rear Camera.

Please use this software ONLY if you installed our Rear View Camera interface.
This software is good for all E7x, E8x and E9x CIC installed at the factory or retrofitted.

You may download it HERE
Rearview camera module consists of the Plug and Play (PNP) module which should be connected to the back of your CIC unit in between the main wiring harness connectors. This is very similar to our other solution calledCIC Navigation and Voice activaiton module PNP

The main difference is that this module also has a standard RCA Video input. As you can see from the pictures you will be able to connect any aftermarket camera which has standard NTSC or PAL video out signal via standard RCA jack. You will have to pass the cable from your rear camera to the front where your CIC is installed (unless you installed your CIC in the trunk ). In order to simplify the things and make solution less expensive we will let you to purchase the extension cable and camera from your own source, however we also plan to have a kit which will include camera and RCA extension cable.

Warning! It is important to mention that your CIC will absolutely require coding. Since our module will emulate OEM rearview camera, your CIC must be coded to support OEM camera. We will be providing this remote coding service for your CIC as well. Also we will possibly disclosure the information about what specific coding configuration must be done in order to get our solution to work. No secrets here or almost no secrets.

Our PNP Rearview camera module works with E6x, E7x, E8x and E9x series. At present time it is fully tested with E7x and E8x series. We still to finalize the tests with E6x and E9x series and planning to start sales very soon. Just want to be sure that everything is properly done before we start the sales.

Beta testers with E6x and E9x equipped with CIC are welcome!

For the model of the rearview camera we suggest to use some decent quality camera. There are some models on the market which will let you to have a good quality picture and also guide lines on the screen if required.
Yes, guide lines on the screen are created by the camera and not by the CIC as many people mistakenly think, thus if you will be using regular rearview camera you will not have any guide lines at all.

Price for the solution will be anounced on the day of the first sales start. There are will be a few options such as: Module only, Module + Coding, Module + Camera + Wiring + Coding, etc.

Another important moment to mention: This module also (depends on configuration) can be used as CIC Navigation and Voice activation PNP module and Video in Motion Activation module.
These options are extra but will be offered as well.

Please do not hesitate to ask your questions and give your suggestions to the new product. We always want to hear your feedback.

Stay tuned!

THANK YOU!
Attached Images

Last edited by bmwretrofit; 09-11-2015 at 01:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

We should be releasing first 10 modules for BETA testing at discounted price during next 10-14 days. More updates to follow
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
flowmaster
Rep
Drives: e60

Great news!

is this module ready for e60 aswell?

Is the problem of "all 3 video inputs of cic is occupied" solved by the seperate video input in the pictures above?

Let us know immediately if the module is ready for shiping!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
justa3series
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xi

I would be interested in BETA testing. How can I join. I am located in NY.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
FutureBSD
Rep
Drives: E93 325i

I'd be willing to beta test this as well if that includes the CIC, VIM + Voice Activation. Please let me know if that's an option for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #6
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
pm`s you guys about beta testing and paying to beta test a while ago
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 04:29 AM   #7
JRubin13
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i/2012 F10 535i

if you need a tester im available. Shoot me a pm.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #8
aaabbbyyy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90-318

Great news!
Can I join in?
How much the "beta" ?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 12:50 AM   #9
jc4ho
Rep

If you're ever looking for testers for the F25, please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #10
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Finally we got Rear View camera module available for beta test sales at our online store HERE

It took us a while to get the product ready for consumer.
The package we offer for beta test sale will include the following:

- CIC Plug and Play Rear Camera Control module
- Rear View camera with installation instead of the license plate light
- Video Cable (standard RCA)
- Power cable for camera
- Remote coding for your CIC to make it work with the camera

At this time our module supports E8x and E9x series only. E7x Series rearview camera module is also available at our online store.
Sorry to all E6x users - we will get the module fully compatible with your CIC units soon.

How this will work:

After installation of the camera module and camera we will require to connect to your vehicle remotelly and perform remote camera activation. This is simple coding. You will require to have a USB K-DCAN cable for that purpose. In case if you do not have once it will be possible to rent one at our online store as well.

In the nearest future our software team should release the simple software utility which will make this camera activation coding for your CIC automatically. This utility will be available upon request to any customer who is willing to have CIC coded locally by him using K D-CAN cable.

Camera module we offer will act as an OEM camera, which means that your CIC and BMW will be acting as OEM camera is installed. This is direct OEM replacement.

First 10 sets are at the discounted beta test price. This means that we offer full support and possibility to exchange the module at no additional charge (except shipping charges) for the software update in the module.
Also once new model of the module become available we will exchange it free of charge for beta test orders. It is beta tester responsibility to update us with the feedback of the module functionality and bags found

Also, in the near future we will be releasing special utility to update a software in various modules we sell (Nav Activation, Camera module, etc.) for the software update of these modules to extend their functionality.

For any questions realated to the ordering of beta test rear view camera modules please contact us directly via: info@bimmerretrofit.com
or call us at: 1-450-844-4655

Bimmer Retrofit Team
Alex
STAY TUNED!
Attached Images

Last edited by bmwretrofit; 09-07-2012 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: New phone number
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #11
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

For all who ordered and already purchased Rear Camera Module we would like to offer a small utility for the Rear Camera Activation. This utility simply activates factory Rear View Camera mode in your CIC head unit.

Utility requires Ediabas 7.0.0 or higher to be installed and configured with your CAN interface (USB K-DCAN, OPS, ICOM, etc.) on your PC.

Also due to security reasons this software requires internet access while activating Rear Camera.

Please use this software ONLY if you installed our Rear View Camera interface.
This software is good for all E7x, E8x and E9x CIC installed at the factory or retrofitted.

You may download it HERE
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #12
justa3series
Banned
Rep

Purchased.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #13
aaabbbyyy
Private First Class
Rep

Purchased too!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #14
justa3series
Banned
Rep

Were we first 10?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #15
aaabbbyyy
Private First Class
Rep

Please tell me,how to install the "Rear View Camera"
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 08:37 AM   #16
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

First 10 beta samples are sold and shipped
We also got different design cameras.
Info to show up shortly.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #17
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
any pictures of it on e92s?
      09-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #18
justa3series
Banned
Rep

Different camera for the first 10? or going forward? I just got mine today and will install tommorrow.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #19
justa3series
Banned
Rep

Just got it installed, so to report back so far.

At first guidelines showed up and then later one they aren't and cant get them back ** I think this depends on day/night. ? There are 2 buttons that are enabled

Parking aid lines
Obstace Marking

Both don't work or do anything but would be nice if they worked. There is a button that's not enabled "Rear View Camera"

There is also side screen with what I guess would be for side sensors PDC, I tried turning macro_PDC FSW off but it then froze CIC so I turned it back on. Can we get rid of that? or is there value to set for that?

Both work:

Brightness
Contrast

Nice module and your one touch enable software for coding worked nice.

Last edited by justa3series; 09-02-2011 at 11:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #20
aaabbbyyy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justa3series View Post
Just got it installer, so to report back

At first guidelines showed up and then later one they aren't and cant get them back. Is this a day/night setting only? There are 2 buttons that are enabled

Parking aid lines
Obstace Marking

Both don't work or do anything. There is a button that's not enabled "Rear View Camera"

There is also side screen with what I guess would be for side sensors. Can we get rid of that?

Both work:

Brightness
Contrast

great!
could you tell me how to install the line,the line connect cic with camera.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #21
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justa3series View Post
Just got it installed, so to report back so far.

At first guidelines showed up and then later one they aren't and cant get them back ** I think this depends on day/night. ? There are 2 buttons that are enabled

Parking aid lines
Obstace Marking

Both don't work or do anything but would be nice if they worked. There is a button that's not enabled "Rear View Camera"

There is also side screen with what I guess would be for side sensors PDC, I tried turning macro_PDC FSW off but it then froze CIC so I turned it back on. Can we get rid of that? or is there value to set for that?

Both work:

Brightness
Contrast

Hello!
Thank you for your feedback.

From the top to the bottom:

Rear camera button supposed to switch Cam+PDC to PDC only mode. If no PDC is available button should remain inactive

Parking aid lines and Obstacle Marking buttons are inactive for now. These buttons are intent to work with the OEM camera where it is possible to control these two functions in camera internally. Our engineers are trying to find some well-priced camera which may support similar to OEM aid lines and obstacle marking functionality with ability to switch on and off.

Side screen at the right with the vehicle is intent to be used when PDC are present. If no PDC present just the vehicle is shown. We will see on possibility to remove it (program update for our cam activation utility) and will post an update.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #22
justa3series
Banned
Rep

My camera has stopped working. It has been working since I left previous feedback but now when I reverse screen is bright white and I can see side bumper so I know it's still connected.

This behavior has started happening for 2 days now and I thought it was fixed when I powered down car for all night but when I came back next morning the issue still exists.

Also, I have tried adjusting contrast, brightness, etc but still no luck.

Please help.
Appreciate 0