E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Persistent circuit for sunshade

08-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
RitterGT
Rep
Drives: Looking

Persistent circuit for sunshade

Alright, couldn't find anything searching - I think this is the right place to post it.

My e92 335 has the rear sunshade - I like it a lot, but I'm constantly forgetting to put it up before I turn the car off. I was wondering if it was possible to make it so that the sunshade is on the same circuit as the windows so that I can hit the button after I turn the engine off. I know this sounds kinda ridiculous - if the work to do so is at all a pain in the ass, I probably will just deal, but I figured I'd see if anyone has dealt with this.

Thanks everyone.
-Ritter
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Maybe you can wire a bosch relay triggered by the window switches. But the original button would not work unless you wire both of them together, maybe with a diode on the original cable to prevent current from flowing the wrong way.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
RitterGT
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
Maybe you can wire a bosch relay triggered by the window switches. But the original button would not work unless you wire both of them together, maybe with a diode on the original cable to prevent current from flowing the wrong way.
Hmm seems like this might be a large pain in the ass then (I would definitely want the original button to operate). Unfortunate... well something to consider anyway, thanks.
Appreciate 0