E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Question about to order few question about certain options

04-16-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
KEVIN88GT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Audi A4

Question about to order few question about certain options

About to order a 335xi via European Delivery got a few questions.

1) iPod and USB Adapter $400

- Will this allow me to leave the ipod in the glovebox and change tracks/ volume via the steering wheel controls?

-Where exactly is the connection for it, glovebox or armrest?

-I'm assuming the wire comes included and I dont need to buy anything to connect my IPOD Nano.

2) Why is it cheaper to get the cold weather package with 3 things (headlight washers, front heated seats and folding rear seats with skibag) for $850 vs getting stuff seperately (3-Stage Heated Front Seats= $500, Split-Folding Rear Seats Including Ski Bag= $475 TOTAL=$ 975. Can someone explain this to me? Are they trying to make it cheaper with a bundle deal to get someone to spend a little more to get both options? Are the headlight washers included in the cold weather package?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 09:36 AM   #2
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45991
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 09:38 AM   #3
335iNut
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN88GT View Post

- Will this allow me to leave the ipod in the glovebox and change tracks/ volume via the steering wheel controls?

-I'm assuming the wire comes included and I dont need to buy anything to connect my IPOD Nano.

2) Why is it cheaper to get the cold weather package with 3 things (headlight washers, front heated seats and folding rear seats with skibag) for $850 vs getting stuff seperately (3-Stage Heated Front Seats= $500, Split-Folding Rear Seats Including Ski Bag= $475 TOTAL=$ 975. Can someone explain this to me? Are they trying to make it cheaper with a bundle deal to get someone to spend a little more to get both options? Are the headlight washers included in the cold weather package?
iPod (6FL) connection is in the armrest and comes with the needed cable (although, some have had a problem with this. Search to find out more). 6FL will allow you to change tracks via the steering wheel controls or the iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
KEVIN88GT
Captain
Rep

can you give me the quick heads up on what the problem was so that I can search it
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #5
krafty04
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 04 Jeep Gr. Cherokee Overland

Packages are always cheaper than buying items individually. Always.
04 325 (sold)
98 318ti (daughters ride now)
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #6
Dr_Dirt
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6AT

Quote:

hmmm... does the phrase "never look a gift horse in the mouth" come to mind?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 10:39 AM   #7
Daya
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335 space gray/coral red

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [9.66]
Quote:

you can control change tracks/volume from steering wheel, if you have iDrive you have seamless integration, iDrive knob becomes extension of iPod scroll wheel. I cannot speak for non-iDrive

I did a review here

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55692

6FL factory installed option - armrest

the cable is included in the price of the option, but the dealer has to order it against your VIN number.

the only problem experienced was that the cable was on national freeze, so the first bunch of people who were march production and ordered 6FL (myself included) were not able to get cable at delivery. We had to wait until the freeze was lifted, but I only had to wait 2 days.

get the whole cold weather package, it is worth it and cheaper. did you every look at pricing out individual options for premium package? it is always cheaper to do the package than individual options, which is why they offer it

GIAC S2 | Brembo GT BBK 355/345 | BBS CH-R | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | AR Design: DP, S1 Oil Cooler, OCC | AMS FMIC | Bastuck Quad Exhaust | Borla MP | KW V1 | Stett: CAI, CP | Forge DV | P3 Boost Gauge | Arkym: Front Lip, Rear Quad Diffuser | Vorsteiner CSL Trunk | LUX H8 | ModMyNav | MFD M3 Sideskirts | BMW M-Tech Front/Rear Bumpers, Edition Grills
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 11:20 AM   #8
KEVIN88GT
Captain
Rep

thanks guys...I love this site...very informative... you mentioned the dealer ordering the cable to match the VIN...how would that work for ED? Would I pick up the car with the cable? (Id hate to be in europe without music.)
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #9
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Quote:
thanks guys...I love this site...very informative... you mentioned the dealer ordering the cable to match the VIN...how would that work for ED? Would I pick up the car with the cable? (Id hate to be in europe without music.)
I think Jonathon answered that Q in a different thread. I would PM JSpira if no one else answers.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 11:47 AM   #10
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Last I heard, another ED guy asked his dealer for the cable in advance and was told no. It most likely will NOT be with the car. However, there have been logistics problems that should be resolved. Ask your dealer if you can get the cable in advance - if they're decent they shouldn't mind. They might just ask you to sign a slip saying you already have it.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 10:03 PM   #11
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Quote:
Others have already answered, but also because the headlight washers are standard on the AWD.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0