Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > How do I know if my 2007 335i has indirect/ direct TPMS?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-31-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
707e90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i sedan

How do I know if my 2007 335i has indirect/ direct TPMS?

Hey everyone, I have a 2007 E90 335i and put new 19 inch VMR wheels/tires on it over the weekend. After installing the new wheels/tires, I noticed the low tire pressure light had come on the dash. Does the old OEM 18 inch wheels have sensors on them that need to be transferred to the new wheels? Or does the car sense the low air pressure another way? I'm new to TPMS, so excuse the ignorance when it comes to this subject.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
Bartman619
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

The older e90s had FTM, which monitored for flats by monitoring tire rotation by using the ABS system. The way you can tell is by looking at the tire valves on your original wheels. If they are rubber, they you have FTM. If they are steel, then you have TPMS and you should transfer them over from the original wheels should you have them.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
707e90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman619 View Post
The older e90s had FTM, which monitored for flats by monitoring tire rotation by using the ABS system. The way you can tell is by looking at the tire valves on your original wheels. If they are rubber, they you have FTM. If they are steel, then you have TPMS and you should transfer them over from the original wheels should you have them.
Awesome, thanks for the response. My old tires do have the rubber tire valves, so they are indeed FTM.

So how do I correct it now? Should I check the tire pressure to make sure they are correct and it will make the low pressure light go away?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
Bartman619
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Follow the steps on the following link.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ight=reset+ftm
Appreciate 0