Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Forgestar F14s Installed

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
ManyMoonsAgo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Forgestar F14s Installed

Finally had silver Forgestar F14’s installed on my 335i this week. I ordered the wheels on March 18 and there were a few hiccups between then and now as one of the wheels was defective from the factory - out of round from center. But between Forgestar, **********s (who I bought the wheels through), and my installer, everything worked out and in the end (almost four months later) I had a set of four good wheels.

Here are the details:
Front: 19x8.5” with 235/35 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
Rear: 19x10.0” with 275/30 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
I do not know the offsets for the wheels as Forgestar determined the proper fitment.

I did get a chance to weigh each wheel before mounting - the fronts came in at 23.6 pounds and the rears at 24.9 pounds. I would not get too hung up on the scale’s precision though as it was freight scale whose output I am betting is ‘in the ballpark’ as opposed to being dead-nuts accurate.

Each wheel/tire balanced out extremely well with no more than 1.0 oz of balancing weight required on any one wheel.

As for fitment - everything is nice and snug but not dangerously so; each tire has sufficient clearance and I have no rubbing issues whatsoever.

Finally, having ditched the Run Flats for the Pilot Super Sports, I can say whole heartily that there is simply no comparison in regard to ride quality and performance between the two setups. My car feels less jarring and frankly less clunky with the Michelins than it did with the Bridgestone RFTs.

Just as with ride quality, traction too is vastly improved; heck, I have not even gotten a squeak or chirp out of the Michelins yet, they just grip and grip and grip.

Thanks to all those who have posted through the years in the forum; I spent countless hours searching and reading impressions from all those who went before me with their tire and wheel upgrades.

It was raining today, but I did manage to snap a few cell-phone pictures.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Congrats on the rims
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 01:10 AM   #3
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Thanks again for the order/support on the Forgestar F14 wheels. I know that it took slightly longer than normal on this particular order as Forgestar does take pride in the quality of their work and will never ship out a wheel that does not meet their expectations. In the end, I know that it is well worth the wait and I see that you're enjoying the new setup as it does look great on the car specially in the Gunmetal finish!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
ttbmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: space gray on black 07 335i

Congrats, great looking wheels!!

I have this same wheels but flat black!! I wonder if it's possible to run 295/30/19 or 295/35/19 in the back!!! It looks like it would but not sure! Aldo I have all M3 bits In the back so that might help but not sure. Do u happened to know?
PROCEDE, PWM Vishnu Kit, AR catless DP, BMS DCI, Helix IC, P3 gauge, 25% window tint, mattblack window trim, mattblack roof wrapped. Vorstainer CSL trunk, CF wrapped interior, 18'' Forgestar F14 Matt black, quaife LSD, M3 suspension bits, Mtech front bumper). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8JIB8C8HDA
Appreciate 0