E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E93 "Special climate comfort functions"

04-15-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
AlanIOW
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 320d M Sport Convertible

E93 "Special climate comfort functions"

Hi

Does anyone know whether the "Special climate comfort functions" mentioned in the E93 Press Release at World Car Fans * works without iDrive.
The "Convertible Mode" sounds useful as its a bit of a chore resetting the temp everytime you open and close the roof in my present E46 Vert.
I have ordered a 320i M Sport for June Delivery without iDrive, so I am hoping this mode will be available via the CD/Radio display.

*http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm...tible-in-depth
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 01:56 PM   #2
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

The info I have says all E93 with the automatic airconditioning gets the "Convertible mode"
      04-15-2007, 02:44 PM   #3
keithIOW
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E93 325 SE

Hi AlanIOW

Welcome and it's good to have another member on the forum so close to home.

I've had my E93 325SE for a couple of weeks now and trust me you'll love yours when it arrives.

Here's what the E93 manual says:

'When the hardtop is open, the Convertible program can also be selected. In the Convertible program , the automatica air-conditioning system is optimised for driving with the hard-top open. In addition, the airflow rate is increased along with road speed. The effectiveness of the Convertible program can be boosted apreciably by fitting the wind deflector. '

I have IDrive on mine and the manual does show it being set using this, but it doesn't make it clear how it's done for non-IDrive models.

What spec are you going for? I would definitely get the wind Deflector, It's worth every penny.

Whereabouts on the island do you live? If you want a look over my E93 we might be able to meet up.....

Here's a couple of pictures of mine taken the day I got it.....
Attached Images

E93 325 SE, Sparkling Graphite, Black Dakota, hi-gloss black trim, 230's, Folding Mirrors, C/A, Sat Nav, Sport Seats, Front Seat Heating, prof Hi-Fi

Last edited by keithIOW; 04-15-2007 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 05:23 PM   #4
AlanIOW
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 320d M Sport Convertible

Hi
Thanks both for the info regarding Convertible Mode, looking forward to trying it when mine arrives in June.

KeithIOW - I already have the wind deflector, I saw one on Ebay for £175 inc delivery so I snapped i up, I find the E46 one invaluable.
I am getting a 320i M Sport Auto in Le Mans Blue, and Cream Beige Leather and Burr Walnut with the Through Load Hatch which I have ordered through Barons of Hindhead. I live in St. Lawrence - Whereabouts are you? I would love to see your E93 - You certainly have had the weather for it these last few weeks!!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 04:18 AM   #5
keithIOW
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E93 325 SE

Hi AlanIOW,

I live in Ryde.

I will send you a private message with some contact details so we can arrange to meet up, sometime this week as the weather is so good.

KeithIOW

E93 325 SE, Sparkling Graphite, Black Dakota, hi-gloss black trim, 230's, Folding Mirrors, C/A, Sat Nav, Sport Seats, Front Seat Heating, prof Hi-Fi
Appreciate 0