E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Leaking Oil, Oil filter housing gasket replaced.. Leaking Oil again.. oil cooler???

07-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
Toker335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i/Sold--10" GTR

Exclamation Leaking Oil, Oil filter housing gasket replaced.. Leaking Oil again.. oil cooler???

My car was recently leaking a bit of oil, i started to get messages saying i was low on oil and needed to add more, even though i had a oil change a month before. So i took it to the dealer and had them take a look, luckily it was covered under warranty, the SA had told me that the oil filter housing gasket needed to be replaced, and that i just needed to pay a 50$ deductible to fix it..

Fast forward a month and a half later or so, and I'm starting to lose oil again, my car keeps showing me the picture of the oil leaking on the dash, i take it to the same dealer, they call me back again and tell me this time its the oil cooler thats the problem and that they have to have it replaced, he mentioned oil cooler and one other word but i didn't quite understand him. But anyway it is covered under warranty but i have to pay the damn deductible again..

Im thinking they never really fixed anything the first time..

What would you guys do?
The car is CPO..

also my left brake lamp light went out according to them, i was getting left brake lamp errors lately.. they want 145$ to diagnose it and see if its covered under warranty..

08' 335i 6MT - Sold
92' NA 300ZX 5speed - Sold
06 IS350 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
Toker335i
Captain
Rep

anyone?

08' 335i 6MT - Sold
06 IS350 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
klg007
Griff
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I would just pay the $50 ded..
I initially had an oil leak on my oil filter housing that was replaced..then I noticed about a month later that I still had an oil leak..this time from my oil pan gasket. When I confronted BMW about the car still leaking, the tech mentioned that because of the amount of oil under the car, it would have been nearly impossible to tell it was also coming from oil pan gasket..he said they only replaced the oil filter housing gasket because they knew for sure it was leaking..I am like you and think both were leaking to began with, or they didn't fix the issue to begin with..anyways to make a long story short since I am out of warranty it will cost another $1K to get the oil pan gasket fixed..so I wish I was still under warranty and only had a $50 ded...you may try to bargin with service mgr and see if he would wave the $50 ded..The service mgr I complained to knocked a few hundred off their initial quote
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
Toker335i
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by klg007 View Post
I would just pay the $50 ded..
I initially had an oil leak on my oil filter housing that was replaced..then I noticed about a month later that I still had an oil leak..this time from my oil pan gasket. When I confronted BMW about the car still leaking, the tech mentioned that because of the amount of oil under the car, it would have been nearly impossible to tell it was also coming from oil pan gasket..he said they only replaced the oil filter housing gasket because they knew for sure it was leaking..I am like you and think both were leaking to began with, or they didn't fix the issue to begin with..anyways to make a long story short since I am out of warranty it will cost another $1K to get the oil pan gasket fixed..so I wish I was still under warranty and only had a $50 ded...you may try to bargin with service mgr and see if he would wave the $50 ded..The service mgr I complained to knocked a few hundred off their initial quote
damn, that sucks, im really sorry to hear that,

i just paid the 50$..

08' 335i 6MT - Sold
06 IS350 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
feenin4rich
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E92 335i

I just had this same issue pop up for me today.
Indy shop noticed a leak and recommended replacing the oil filter housing gasket and the oil cooler gasket.
Have the extended warranty so going to the dealership tomorrow, hopefully thats the only thing thats wrong!
Appreciate 0