Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Guy wants to trade me his 19inchstyle 179 for my 18inch 189s

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
Beemw335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Guy wants to trade me his 19inchstyle 179 for my 18inch 189s

Random guy on the road wanta to talk to me. He asks me if i ever have problems with my tires since his 19 inch wheels always break the rnftls and its expensive
He said that he jist replaced the rnflts and he wants to buy himself some 18s and was womdering if I ha problems qith breaking tires.
I then told him that I was personaly looking for 19s and would want to teade + money for his, he was shocked that I wanted 19s and offered a fair trade for just the wheels without any money.
Now i would love to trade, but Im worried that maybe his rims are bent and thats why he keep breaking tires, this man bought his car used with those rims so he knows nothing about them so I wanted to know if replica 179s existed?
My real question is how can I check if his rims arent the problem, how can I tell if thwyre cracked or bent? I have a friend who works at a rim store do you think somebody with experience can tell by looking at them with the tires still on the rim??
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
Bartman619
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

You would really have to inspect the wheels in person and check the wheels real well for any kind of damage. maybe ask ther person your're trading with if you can mount the wheels and test drive them on your car. And yes there are replica style 179's
Look at the wheel markings on the inside spoke make sure the wheels are made in Europe not in Asia. http://www.wheelsandcaps.com/w_selec...3_SERIES_SEDAN

If you're friend can check out the wheels and the selller is ok with it then you should do it.
Appreciate 0