E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 335xi now on Canada BMW website

04-13-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
335xi
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi

335xi now on Canada BMW website

Shows 0-100km as 5.6sec, as opposed to 0-100km of 5.7 for the RWD.

Very interesting, looks like at least in the 0-60 test the 335xi is faster, prob about even in the quarter due to AWD fraction.

Can't wait for mine to show up. Get on that boat damn you!!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #2
Kamando
Captain
Rep
Drives: -

It also lists the 335i coupe as 5.6 though.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #3
aspiring335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Nice; hope the wait for your car isn't too painful.

Also noticed that it's now possible to configure Montego / Lemon on bmw.ca. Never understood why that wasn't considered to be a recommended combination.
      04-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #4
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xi View Post
Shows 0-100km as 5.6sec, as opposed to 0-100km of 5.7 for the RWD.

Very interesting, looks like at least in the 0-60 test the 335xi is faster, prob about even in the quarter due to AWD fraction.

Can't wait for mine to show up. Get on that boat damn you!!
AT LAST.

It doesn't exist until u can build it! The fin rate is 5.9%.

There is a new brochure too, but not much new. You can see the 6 programable buttons in the pics and the USB port.

My CA told me mine recently made a boat. Are u sure yours didn't too?
      04-14-2007, 12:27 AM   #5
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Three other features the xi gets:

ADB - Automatic Differential Brake
ADB-X is a subfunction of the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) in all-wheel drive vehicles. It has the same effect as that of a differential lock - braking an individual wheel - meaning that the standard differential lock is no longer necessary. If a wheel threatens to spin, ADB-X can automatically apply brake force until grip is re-established and power transmission can commence again. When DSC has been activated, ADB-X is complemented by engine performance regulation; when DSC is off, ADB-X delivers maximum power, while dispensing with engine regulatory systems and stability control. The brakes are also protected from overheating.

HDC - Hill Descent Control
Hill Descent Control (HDC) assists drivers when negotiating a steep downhill route. It is activated when the automobile exceeds a particular speed when on a descent, and it slows the vehicle down automatically to just over walking speed, while also stabilizing the car and reducing the risk of locking the wheels. It also gives the driver even greater control over their car without the need to keep the brake pressed constantly. They can vary their speed within certain limits by pressing the brake, accelerator or by using the cruise control buttons. Any drivers behind are warned automatically by the BMW’s brake lights.

Headlight cleaning system
Ensures optimum headlight brightness in all kinds of weather. When the lights are on, the headlights are automatically cleaned in parallel with the windshield.

I like the headlight washers. I have them on my 330xi. They are particularly useful here since they sand the roads instead of salting them meaning your car gets covered in road crud when the snow melts.

HDC. Hmmmmmm. I'm gonna have to find hill to try that one on.

ADB: Now you have DSC, DTC and ADB to juggle?
      04-14-2007, 08:34 PM   #6
335xi
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplug View Post
AT LAST.

It doesn't exist until u can build it! The fin rate is 5.9%.

There is a new brochure too, but not much new. You can see the 6 programable buttons in the pics and the USB port.

My CA told me mine recently made a boat. Are u sure yours didn't too?
I will have to call and check as my last update was just over a week ago.
Appreciate 0