E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Wow Look What This Dealer Did

04-12-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
natedogg
Nate
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Wow Look What This Dealer Did

i took my vehicle to a unamed bmw dealership in san diego it starts with a "C" lol. Well i it needed routine service like and oil change and chaging the breaks. Well they call me an hour later on my cell saying "have you took your vehicle anywhere else then a bmw certified place. I'm like no why would i everything is covered under warranty. they said "well your right side of your tires are flip flopped, the bigger tire is in the front right and the smaller tire is in the back. im like WTF, they tried to say oh you had them rotated and you took them somewhere else etc etc. i got soo mad becasue they said well u have to change your tires the tread are gone on the right side. well my car was in service before when i had a punctured tire, that punctured tire was in the front right, that tire from the start was supposed to be in the back right. well i told them that and they looked in up in the services before. and i was RIGHT the dealership put the tires on wrong. well they said okay i will talk to my manager and see what i can do. i was like okay great. they call me 2 hours later saying oh we found a great deal, we will void the labor but you have to pay for the tires. I was furious at this point . i was like wow u will make me pay 350 bucks for each tire but you will void 50 bucks WOW what a great deal. i got there and demanded to talk to the highest person in charge. in the end they said they would change 2 tires for free.

I have a few questions
Will my shocks be messed up becasue the left front and right front tires were two different sizes?
because i want them to fix those too before i get the car back and say that and they say, oh well its from your driving
are there any other issues that can occur from this??

my car is a complete lemon....
Missing Speaker Installed later by bmw
Key was not working
Key was not working again, bmw changed computer
Radio was not working, changed diversity antenna
Engine started smoking when bmw TECH came and jump started car. (Couldn't tow the vehice becasue it wouldnt go into neutral either waited 6 hours in the street to finally get it to go into neutral and to get the car towed)An oil leak bmw could not find the source, but they did see oil on my engine and on the bottom. (Said on service Paper)
Battery failed twice
My oil sensor said i needed an oil change then it just disspaered and said i had enought oil.

all in a SIX month period.
should i hire a lawyer and lemon it??

Last edited by natedogg; 04-12-2007 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Dont think it would have hurt anything else
      04-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #3
Noob
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Sorry to hear that man - That's not cool. We pay so much money for these vehicles and it sucks to hear these stories.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #4
ky_soldier
General of The Universe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
2015 BMW i8  [9.00]
there are specific guidlines for lemoning it, and they differ by state. usually it's something like it has to be out of comission for x amount of time and the dealer gets like 3 tries to fix the issue. if it still exists you can lemon it. based on what you are saying, i don't think it's that big of a deal. keep your records as cya in case something happens later, and give them a chance to make it right. so far it's likely not the best scenario, but they sold the car, they didn't build it. give em a chance and see how it plays out. just my .02.
1946 Willys CJ-2A
2009 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti OTO
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedogg View Post
Even though you have more than your share of problems, I don't think you qualify for the lemon law. Check the requirements in your state before you proceed.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 10:47 AM   #6
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky_soldier View Post
there are specific guidlines for lemoning it, and they differ by state. usually it's something like it has to be out of comission for x amount of time and the dealer gets like 3 tries to fix the issue. if it still exists you can lemon it. based on what you are saying, i don't think it's that big of a deal. keep your records as cya in case something happens later, and give them a chance to make it right. so far it's likely not the best scenario, but they sold the car, they didn't build it. give em a chance and see how it plays out. just my .02.
Here's a good link: state Lemon Laws
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 10:52 AM   #7
Chi-town330
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
did they change just your right tires? (i.e., front and rear rights), or was only one of the right tires bad, and they changed that axle's pair? Hard to tell from what you wrote. I would assume they didn't change just two right tires, but just checking.

I can't believe they put the front tire on the back, and then called you and accused you of using a non-autorized shop. "uh, no, it's your shop that screwed up". Nice job sticking it to them!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #8
natedogg
Nate
United_States
Rep

chi, they are changing the two right side tires, rear and front, well i just got a call and now they said they are talking to a bmw north america agent to see what they can do with my car.
      04-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #9
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

You didnt notice this when you got the car back? The car should also drive very differently if they did this. I am shocked about how you could miss that.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #10
natedogg
Nate
United_States
Rep

lol alpine i told them and they said, i have an alighment issue and i knew it wasn't an alightment issue,so i never got the alighment. and then i just found this out about my tires, wow they wanted me to pay 200 bucks for an alightment and 380 for each tire lmaooo, wow this is a major double standard, the dealer always thinks they are right and the customer is wrong. its nice to prove a dealership wrong and they cant deny it
      04-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #11
kuthair
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Sedan 6MT

putting new tires on one side of the car.. hrmm. how many miles do u have on the left side tires? I can see putting new tires on only the back or only the front, but only one side left/right?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 11:35 AM   #12
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
I think you probably have a good lemon law case. But I don't think the dealer wheel issue will come to play. The law really looks at how much time you are without your car (I think it's 30 days within the first 6 months or 18000 miles in CA) or if they have to replace the same part 3 times. I just had to fight FORD on a lemon law issue. Read up on the CA lemon law it's more customer friendly than most states.
Good luck and sorry to hear that about a BMW. OUCH.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 11:49 AM   #13
natedogg
Nate
United_States
Rep

Kuthair i have 10,000 miles on the car, i think they are actually going to change the two most worn out tires on the car. thats what they said
      04-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #14
nine4surfah
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Electric Red

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I had terrible service at Cunningham as well. In fact I made a formal complaint about them to BMW USA.
      04-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #15
kuthair
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Kuthair i have 10,000 miles on the car, i think they are actually going to change the two most worn out tires on the car. thats what they said
Well, hopefully the two most worn out tires are both on the front or both on the rear, otherwise I think you may have problems with tires wearing prematurely (at best). I'm no expert, but this to me doesn't sound like the best solution.

I'd try posting in the tire forum for more/better advice.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 12:43 PM   #16
aznshrek88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i SG

I'm not sure if this is an isolated problem, but I would definitely call BMWNA before taking legal action. Talk to someone in charge, the regional manager, etc. or something and see what THEY DO. Tell them your story and how your dealer tried to chew you out and blame you for their problems, then take a look and see. Give them a chance to rectify their problem....maybe they'll just offer you a new car, you never know...but if worse comes to worse, sue the pants off them if possible. Then post us the results =D.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 01:25 PM   #17
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

This crap happens all the time. That's why dealers are called stealers. If the car is under warranty they will look for ways to wiggle out of servicing it. If the car isn't under warranty they will give you a list of recommended inspections and services that might be unrelated to the problem. (Oh the car isn't running good? Let us wash your fuel injector.)

If you caught them at fault, no that can't be. You must have done something to it.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #18
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
You didnt notice this when you got the car back? The car should also drive very differently if they did this. I am shocked about how you could miss that.
Stock car...non enthusiast..I could see it..but me..no frickin way..I would notice.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #19
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4to335 View Post
Stock car...non enthusiast..
Haven't we beat this issue to death?

I say enough with the personal attacks.

Maybe this needs to be read and signed before members are given access to post on the forum:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/announcement.php?f=2&a=2
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #20
ahcjar103
Private
Rep
Drives: dodge stratus

Garage List
Quote:
i took my vehicle to a unamed bmw dealership in san diego it starts with a "C" lol. Well i it needed routine service like and oil change and chaging the breaks. Well they call me an hour later on my cell saying "have you took your vehicle anywhere else then a bmw certified place. I'm like no why would i everything is covered under warranty. they said "well your right side of your tires are flip flopped, the bigger tire is in the front right and the smaller tire is in the back. im like WTF, they tried to say oh you had them rotated and you took them somewhere else etc etc. i got soo mad becasue they said well u have to change your tires the tread are gone on the right side. well my car was in service before when i had a punctured tire, that punctured tire was in the front right, that tire from the start was supposed to be in the back right. well i told them that and they looked in up in the services before. and i was RIGHT the dealership put the tires on wrong. well they said okay i will talk to my manager and see what i can do. i was like okay great. they call me 2 hours later saying oh we found a great deal, we will void the labor but you have to pay for the tires. I was furious at this point . i was like wow u will make me pay 350 bucks for each tire but you will void 50 bucks WOW what a great deal. i got there and demanded to talk to the highest person in charge. in the end they said they would change 2 tires for free.

I have a few questions
Will my shocks be messed up becasue the left front and right front tires were two different sizes?
because i want them to fix those too before i get the car back and say that and they say, oh well its from your driving
are there any other issues that can occur from this??

my car is a complete lemon....
Missing Speaker Installed later by bmw
Key was not working
Key was not working again, bmw changed computer
Radio was not working, changed diversity antenna
Engine started smoking when bmw TECH came and jump started car. (Couldn't tow the vehice becasue it wouldnt go into neutral either waited 6 hours in the street to finally get it to go into neutral and to get the car towed)An oil leak bmw could not find the source, but they did see oil on my engine and on the bottom. (Said on service Paper)
Battery failed twice
My oil sensor said i needed an oil change then it just disspaered and said i had enought oil.

all in a SIX month period.
dude, this is why i only take my car to midas.

dodge stratus - european delivery in 6/08. i can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 09:13 AM   #21
natedogg
Nate
United_States
Rep

thanks guys i will probally contact bmw north america soon, for some reason they said they are talking to bmwna and my car is still in service, it has been in service for 4 days so far.
      04-14-2007, 09:43 AM   #22
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

pleaseusesomef*ckingpunctuationmarksnexttimeithink wewillallappreciateit.