E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > USB Audio problem

07-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
Sydney92
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 2010

USB Audio problem

At the outset apologies from a Newbie if this topic has been discussed to death here. I tried to search the thread list to see whether there are anything remotely related to my issue. While I found a couple which were a couple of years old, I couldn't see any solutions.

So here goes:

I have a 2010 320D with a USB/AUX interface. I've been using usb memory sticks with mps files copied from my laptop to play music. It used to work like a dream for over a year. I was using 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB memory sticks with absolutely no problems. Recently I used a SanDisk 4GB Cruzer Blade USB drive to copy some music. The music system in my car wouldn't detect my drive. I didn't check the formatting on the drive, but I never used to.

Since then I have tried a number of usb drives of varying capacity with various formatting (NTFS, FAT32) with no luck. The system will recognize the drive, start playing the first song in the list for about a minute, then stop. The drive will be read again and again the system will restart from the beginning to play the first song, for about a minute.

All my old usb drives work fine still. I have tried replacing songs on one of the drive and it still plays. But I haven't been able to use new drives at all.

I have just now bought a iPod Y cable to connect my iPod paying the exorbitantly high price. I'm waiting for it to be delivered. Now I'm worried that it won't work either.

Can someone offer any suggestions as to what could be wrong with my usb drives?
thanks
Appreciate 0