E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2 years 30,000 miles

07-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
2 years 30,000 miles

So tomorrow is the two year anniversary of delivery of my 09' E92 335. This is my first, but not last Bimmer. As of today I have 29,950 miles. I'll find a reason to drive 50 miles on the 11th to hit 30k on the anniversary. Specs are Montego Blue, black leather, dark burl walnut trim, Sports package, premium package, cold weather package, 6MT, comfort access, shadowline trim, 19" 230 style wheels. I think thats about it.

Ordered from the factory on May 15th 09, delivered to BMW Northwest on July 11th. I know they sell lots of cars, but my service advisor and salesman recognize me and remember my name when they see me, it's a good touch, and something i've never experienced owning other cars. This has been my daily driver for my 55 mile round trip commute whenever the weather is decent. I told myself i'd keep it to 10,000 miles/year but if its not raining out, when I go to grab the keys to my 10 year old 4runner I cannot resist the urge to grab the FOB instead.

Reliability has been preety good. At 4,800 miles my fuel pump died while unsuccessfully attempting to pass a damn mini van on my way to my first BMW CCA mountain twisties drive. I limped to the dealership and they had it fixed that day. That has been my only major mechanical issue. My driver seat frame failed at about 15k miles and developed a clicking noise when adjusting my seat forward/back. Fixed relatively painlessly. At 24k miles a deer ran into me, I hit it going about 10 mph. $6k to fix, replaced/repaired front bumper, intercooler, one headlight and a slight blemish in the hood. The day before bringing her in for second scheduled oil change my passenger side fog light burnt out (odd, I never use them). I've paid out of pocket for two mid-cycle oil changes. No other issues to report

I continue to average 21.9 mpg no matter how i drive. I regularly push her well over 100 mph on safe highway stretches, and get stuck in shitty I-5 rush hour traffic regularly. Pretty damn economical for such a fun car.

I've done a few track days with the Porsche club (cheaper than BMWCCA by about $50).

As for mods, no mechanical mods yet, I'm highly considering the COBB but I don't want to compromise what has been a reliable car, and a very smooth linear power delivery. Eventually i'll probably get eisenmann exhaust, the youtube videos of that exhaust sound sooooo good.

Cosmetically I have weighted M shift knob, 30% tint, ventureshield, painted side markers, matte black grills, debadged, front aero lip, and I just took delivery of the oem m-tech rear bumper from Tischer (biggest package i've ever recieved).

That's about it. Hopefully i'm not jinxing myself with all the praise.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #2
beemer3
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I got my car a few months earlier than you did, and have approximately the same miles as you do. Have your DRL angel eyes burnt out yet? Also, have you had to change your CA key fob battery yet?

My driver's side sport seats bolsters do not seem to be working. I hear the noise, but it doesn't seem to be do anything. I wonder how complicated it will be. How did your dealer fix your driver seat frame issue? Did they have to take the seat apart?

About the gas mileage recording, how often do you reset it?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #3
apc3libras
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.00]
Congrats on the 2 years with an incredible car. Are you planning to keep it a while?
      07-11-2011, 03:10 AM   #4
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
No issues with the angel eyes or FOB battery. I wouldn't fret if my angel eyes went tits up, good excuse for better aftermarket ones. I couldn't answer your question on how they fixed the seats. I reset the idrive trip/mileage thingy a few times a year, eventually my mileage always evens back out around 22mpg.

As for keeping the car, I'll keep it at least another three years, thats when it will be paid off, if I decide to keep it beyond that i'll likely purchase extended warranty. Not too likely i'll purchase new again. Perhaps lease an F30 3 series, or search for a gently used E90 M3.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Congrats on the two year anniversary!