E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > CONDENSATION SENSOR e90 Series

04-06-2007, 05:40 AM   #1
maholinn
Rep
Drives: BMW E-90 320 D

CONDENSATION SENSOR e90 Series

Hello from Spain, wanted usuary of the series e90 BMW. Although this he is my first post here, but that nothing by my problems with the English, I take to long time following your experiences.

My question is for which it knows where the sensor of condensation in e90 with automatic climatizador is located.

The problem is that of incomprehensible form, the system, begins to insufflate very hot air towards the feet (mainly side of the conductor); this problem has not been I am by BMW in my case, and the consequence is an extreme heat that even warms up the shoe.

Days ago I replaced the outer sensor of temperature and the problem improved enough (in addition now the outer indication of temperature is but exact); but still the problem is taken place a little. I think that the influence of this sensor (condensation) can influence in this abnormal behavior.

Sabe somebody where is located in the car?

The problem can be elsewhere?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 07:06 AM   #2
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Welcome to the forum. This is a question for our esteemed E90Fleet. Be patient, and you should get some helpful replies.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 07:27 AM   #3
maholinn
Rep

Thank you very much, LEDZEP.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 07:36 AM   #4
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Don't forget ///Matt. Might want to PM both of them because they might never come across this thread. Best of Luck. Where did you get this photo from?
      04-06-2007, 08:20 AM   #5
maholinn
Rep

I hope to have a little luck.

The photo was obtained in Realoem
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #6
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
maholin...I just replaced my windshield and one of the necessary parts that needed to be replaced was the condensation sensor a $88 part. This could not be transferred from the old glass. The replacement glass had all the other sensors built in.

Fyi, US spec cars have the climate comfort windshield with light and rain sensors and the green band.

Anyways, I assume your car is equipped as such. The condensation sensor is in the sensors housing behind the rear view mirror. You can pry open this casing (it should just snap open). You'll see a little sensor with wires towards the top passenger side of this exposed area.

Sorry I don't have pics nor can I tell you in more technical terms, my glass tech briefly showed me the sensor.

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 09:22 AM   #7
maholinn
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC View Post
maholin...I just replaced my windshield and one of the necessary parts that needed to be replaced was the condensation sensor a $88 part. This could not be transferred from the old glass. The replacement glass had all the other sensors built in.

Fyi, US spec cars have the climate comfort windshield with light and rain sensors and the green band.

Anyways, I assume your car is equipped as such. The condensation sensor is in the sensors housing behind the rear view mirror. You can pry open this casing (it should just snap open). You'll see a little sensor with wires towards the top passenger side of this exposed area.

Sorry I don't have pics nor can I tell you in more technical terms, my glass tech briefly showed me the sensor.

Thanks, its commentary is helpful. I am going to try to verify if there is some problem with the connections of this sensor. I suspect that it can at intervals be the cause of the defective single operation.

Warm Greetings,
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 09:27 AM   #8
carl_lazlo
Doctor of Journalism
United_States
Rep
Drives: E 92 335i Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by maholinn View Post
.....and the consequence is an extreme heat that even warms up the shoe.

Welcome to the forum.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 04:20 PM   #9
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hello, and welcome

The condensation sensor is on the front windscreen.
It tells the car if there is water on the inside of the windscreen

Does the heat only come after a long drive ?
If so, then this may help

From BMW USA:
http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B640906g.htm

SUBJECT
Air Conditioning System Blows Warm Air After Long Drive

MODEL
E90, E91, E92 (3 Series) vehicles produced up to August 15, 2006

SITUATION
The customer states that the air conditioning system works properly, but after driving on a long trip (approximately more than 1 hour); the system starts to blow warm air. This usually happens under extreme humid conditions. Once the system is turned off for 10 – 15 minutes the system starts to cool properly.

CAUSE
Hot air leaks between the evaporator and housing wall, past the evaporator sensor causing the evaporator sensor to read high

PROCEDURE
On a customer complaint basis only follow the procedure as outlined below:

Ensure that the IHKA system if free of faults and correct as necessary. Note: this situation as outlined in this service information does not set a fault.

Remove the lower panel located under the glove box assembly.

Remove the evaporator sensor located on the passenger side of the evaporator housing.

Obtain a self-adhesive foam strip (1) from the parts department.

Ensure that the surface of the sensor (2) is clean.

Affix the foam strip (1) to the side of the sensor (opposite electrical connector) as shown to the left between the plastic ribs.

Do not cover the sensor tip with the foam strip.

Reinstall the temperature sensor in the vehicle.

Reinstall the lower dash panel.

Check the system for proper functionality.

PARTS INFORMATION
Part Number
Description
Quantity

64 11 9 142 491
Self-adhesive foam strip
      04-06-2007, 04:26 PM   #10
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
See Fleet, this is why we worship you as a Demigod!

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2007, 04:08 AM   #11
maholinn
Rep

Hello. This the problem is right that has my BMW. Now I am very contented, but also I have desire “to kill” somebody.

This problem is all this winter in my car. My BMW has been in the distributor 4 times, the last time he says me that it goes to the doctor because I am who must have the problem, is not the car. grgrgrgrgrgrgr

Alive in Granada, to the south of Spain (the prettiest place of the world), every day by the work I must move 80 km to me, the conditions of humidity are high and the low temperatures in winter. I have suffered by this, I have hated the car; so only the wonderful behavior in highways turned like those of here, causes that it wants to him.

I must thank to E90Fleet and must again say something to you; the entire world must know that the BMW distributor in Spain (BMW Iberian) is formed by incompetent ones, ignorantes and stupid. It is that technical annotation exists from Agosto 2006 and I took by first time my car in October 2006.

INCOMPREHENSIBLE, those have much luck that are with their BMW outside Spain.

Dear Friends THANKS. Now I am going to make copy of bulletin TIS and tomorrow I will be made it eat the distributor.

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 06:42 AM   #12
maholinn
Rep

Dear friends, after following the advice of E90Fleet; the problem of my e90 is solved. Definitively the system has let warm up in excess the feet. Before it provided in winter extremely hot air and now it provides hot air. I think that he is correct, but still is something would like, if it is possible, to clarify. In order to explain the problem I narrate a trip as a example.:

The trip begins to a room temperature of 18ºC (64ºF); the Seth point of the climate, both to 21.5ºC (70ºF), the system in automatic way without using recycled. We initiated the march to raise a mountain, during the ascent the outer temperature is lowering progressively, we noticed that when low, the system increases the temperature of the air that enters the car (normal), when it is on 4ºC (39ºF), we turned a little to the left (blue) the central control; we obtain an pleasant fresh air to the face and when we arrived above there is an outer temperature of -2ºC (28ºF); the system works perfect, maintains to us warms up the cabin and refreshes a little the face ( we are tired after 1.30 hours of trip, in mountain highways). - Before the advice of E90Fleet the cabin seemed a furnace to make bread. –

Now we began the reduction, where everything continues being well, until we reached an outer temperature between 10ºC - 13ºC (50ºF - 55ºF); that it is when “it seems that the fresh air of the face disappears” ( we have modified the blue central control - red) and we noticed a general heat sensation , but rather by the zone of the legs. Everything follows equal until we reached an outer temperature around 16ºC (60ºF) that is when everything returns to “normality”.

Some suggestion?

Is possible that now yes, it has to do the system antihumidity? The crystal never dims…

Thank you very much in advance, by your amiable answers.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 07:36 AM   #13
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
E90Fleet (where ever he is these days) is indeed the master. Glad it worked out for you!

P.S. Your English is better than many American's!

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 03:10 PM   #14
ages944
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
E90Fleet (where ever he is these days) is indeed the master. Glad it worked out for you!

P.S. Your English is better than many American's!
I can't tell you the last time I heard an American use the word 'insufflate' in a sentence...

Mods: Blacklines | Rear Seat Power Outlets | Rear Fog Lights | Ashtray Garage Door Opener
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 03:26 PM   #15
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ages944 View Post
I can't tell you the last time I heard an American use the word 'insufflate' in a sentence...
I can't tell you the last time I heard an American form a sentence!

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 04:10 PM   #16
VIZSLA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe, 2012 328Xi Wa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
See Fleet, this is why we worship you as a Demigod!
Demi? Has he been demoted?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 06:04 PM   #17
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZSLA View Post
Demi? Has he been demoted?