E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My newest Mod

04-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GTR

My newest Mod

Very happy with it sounds great....the pricetag is big but the install is a bitch so im happy
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

every time I see that engine, I fall in love...
      04-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #3
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Alright, does the BOV sound overbearing to you? I keep hearing people tell me BOV's dont belong in a BMW. Frankly after listening to this damn Neon SRT-4 purposely do it, I dunno.
      04-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
lkraven
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I haven't heard a BOV yet that didn't sound the same as having a hamster trapped in your transmission...

REV REV REV REV *shift* SQQQQUEAAAAAAAAAKWHEEEEEZE REV REV REV *shift* SQEEEEEEEAAAAKWHEEEZE

Of course, this is just personal opinion.

And I went through the whole post without calling it rice. (Even though it is.)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #5
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGOO7 View Post

Very happy with it sounds great....the pricetag is big but the install is a bitch so im happy
Did you just say your happy becuase the pricetag is big and its a bitch to install cause i dont see why anyone would be happy for those 2 things. Or did you mean your happy because the instal ISIN'T a bitch. Im confused

Very nice none the less. I wish i had that kind of money to shell out on the AA BOV.
      04-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #6
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
^^^ Hahaha, if I had the money, it wouldnt be spent on the AA BOV. Probably a BOV thats $300 less.
      04-04-2007, 06:25 PM   #7
CoralRedPlz
restless
Rep
Drives: Space Grey, Coral Red 335i

i still dont get why people want this mod.
      04-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #8
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralRedPlz View Post
i still dont get why people want this mod.
For sound obviously.

I thought this was cool when I saw them on cars in the late 90s that were not turbo'd from the factory, meaning they tweaked something themselves.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2007, 06:44 PM   #9
CoralRedPlz
restless
Rep
Drives: Space Grey, Coral Red 335i

i understand its for sound, but i just always thought that was the sound people tried to avoid. i guess its no suprise though, ive never had much of a palatte for asian cuisine.
      04-04-2007, 07:01 PM   #10
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Alright, does the BOV sound overbearing to you? I keep hearing people tell me BOV's dont belong in a BMW. Frankly after listening to this damn Neon SRT-4 purposely do it, I dunno.
its all personal opinon.....there's always gonna be haters out there.

I am a little beat up over the price but my point was the install was tough.....certainly something I never could've done especially if I want to have it done the right way so the free install was nice and I countered that into the price as well

ultime racing BOV's are $450 right? so I paid about 100 more for install and AA's BOV which I don't think is to bad
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2007, 07:23 PM   #11
lkraven
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

It *is* personal opinion. To clarify, I am not hating on the OP-- if he wants it, more power to him.

The reason a lot of people don't like them is because when they were first introduced, they were for huge turbos that would spin up a TON of boost and NEED to dump it quickly for safety and performance reasons.

The first spoilers were put on the back of cars to generate additional downforce so cars wouldn't go airborne. Nowadays, there are plenty of spoilers out there but 90% of them are simply cosmetic-- visual aesthetics.

Likewise, the BOV "evolved" from being a necessary requirement of big turbo imports to an "auditory aesthetic" preference of people who like that WHEEEEEEEeeeeeze sound they make.

In my own PERSONAL opinion, I think huge spoilers look absolutely ridiculous, and I think the sound of a BOV is the auditory equivalent of a huge spoiler on a car that doesn't need it.

But plenty of people out there have huge spoilers (or even useless little ones) and they like it, so more power to them. And more power to the guys who want their cars to wheeze...

Who the hell am I to judge? I ordered painted reflectors for my car because I didn't like the amber. I have given up the performance benefit of being visible at night for my own sense of aesthetic. Just because a lot of people agree with my taste in hate for amber doesn't mean I'm right-- this is a subjective debate, not an objective one.

I have no sympathy for people who run BOVs that end up HURTING performance, but in the end it's their choice. And if it's harmless and they like their car sounding like an asthmatic, that's their choice too.

(I have tried to keep the hate to a minimum in this thread, but to summarize: whatever floats your boat, people!)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2007, 07:27 PM   #12
Doccommando
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Evo IX

I would be careful to make sure it doesn't cause the car to run lean.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 12:39 AM   #13
IMJUSS2NASTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I MONTEGO BLUE

The older crowd usually hates Bov's and huge spoilers while the younger crowd tends to enjoy the sound and style. Someone should start a poll stating your age and wether you like the Bov or not. I personally love it and think its crazy cool!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 12:46 AM   #14
E90330iS
Major General
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I think the BOV does sound pretty cool, but I guess a BMW engine is supposed to sound classier than that. But it is a cool mod though