E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Can't get INPA program to work

06-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54

Angry nvm

works now

Last edited by Magic-Man; 06-15-2011 at 08:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 12:42 AM   #2
BMW4Life2112
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
I couldn't get INPA to work either. The fix for your error can be found by editing some values in the registry editor (i.e. Regedit). You will need to for it, you should find your solution because it's a common error. Other than that I just skipped using INPA and only use the program to make sure my computer is communicating with my car. After I have both dot's black, I proceed to open NCSEXPERT and code the car.
      06-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW4Life2112 View Post
I couldn't get INPA to work either. The fix for your error can be found by editing some values in the registry editor (i.e. Regedit). You will need to for it, you should find your solution because it's a common error. Other than that I just skipped using INPA and only use the program to make sure my computer is communicating with my car. After I have both dot's black, I proceed to open NCSEXPERT and code the car.
I made the registry edits found on page 12 of the coding success thread & the error didn't come up after that, but I still do not have either dot black.

What else could my problem be?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 02:17 AM   #4
BMW4Life2112
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
Make sure you plug the cable into the car and your computer before you turn the ignition on. You can try waiting until the red dot on the cable turns off, then start INPA. If both black dots are still not there, then close INPA and reopen it. Sometimes I have had to close and reopen INPA 3 times until the black dots were there. Let me know how that goes...
      06-16-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW4Life2112 View Post
Make sure you plug the cable into the car and your computer before you turn the ignition on. You can try waiting until the red dot on the cable turns off, then start INPA. If both black dots are still not there, then close INPA and reopen it. Sometimes I have had to close and reopen INPA 3 times until the black dots were there. Let me know how that goes...
Already had it fixed. I have no idea what was wrong, but I deleted the programs & started fresh & it suddenly worked.
Appreciate 0