2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Marketplace Owner's Marketplace - F10/F11 Classifieds FS: New McGard SL Ultra High Security Wheel Locks (with spinning head)

05-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
ucbsupafly
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

FS: New McGard SL Ultra High Security Wheel Locks (with spinning head)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
*** SOLD ***

Up for sale is a set of McGard SL Ultra High Security Wheel Locks (Part # 27179 SL). These are not the standard McGard wheel locks, rather they are a special high-security version with a spinning head that was developed for the UK market. The McGard SL Ultras differs from the standard McGard locks by adding a 'spinner' top to prevent anyone from gripping the top of the bolt or forcing a socket over the top of it, which is a weakness with the standard McGard wheel lock bolts. This item is not available in the US from McGard dealers. They will fit all BMW models (except for the 7-series and all SUVs). They are brand new in box. I was planning on painting them matt black to match the stock bolts but decided against messing with the nice chrome finish on the face. If you are running silver bolts on your wheels, these should be a good match.

The one US seller I found sells them for $125 + shipping (http://www.beastpower.com/p/bmw/mcga...-BOLTS-STD-255).

I am asking $85 shipped to anywhere within the Continental US or $80 for local pick up in SF/Bay Area.

Last edited by ucbsupafly; 06-03-2011 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Item no longer available.
Appreciate 0