BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board    my blackberry or ATT?

05-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

my blackberry or ATT?

I've been having a problem for a while now where I will get a voicemail but the phone didn't ring and I don't get a missed call notification. The person who tries to call says it rings all the way through, not like if I had no service and went straight to voicemail. I have tried restoring factory settings but the issue still persists. And there is no rhyme or reason to when it happens. It is completely random.

Any ideas, or has anyone else had this problem
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
If it's isolated occurrences, it's the service. I often forward my office phone to my cell phone when I'm going to be out, and I get terrible service in my office. The land line will "ring" a few times before my cell phone picks up service, if it ever does - otherwise it will ring and go to voicemail. (FWIW, for the forward to activate, the recipient phone must pick up, whether by me or my voicemail). Sounds like someone is just trying to call you when you don't have service.

However, if it's happening every call, it could be your phone.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

i always forward my office line to my cell. we have verizon ultra forwarding for my office and i send that to my cell religiously, however, my phone acts up whether i have the office lines forwarded to me or not!! it doesnt happen every call, it happens at least a 5 or 6 times a month....

i complained to ATT twice, they were nice and credited my account a couple hundred bucks, but i stressed i dont care about the money i would rather have reliability...i may switch to verizon cell
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #4
Thussy
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Is it a sustained issue? Or is it only sometimes? Have you tried calling yourself from another line to see if the same thing happens? Have you tried upgrading your BB (although I'm leaning towards an AT&T issue considering they credited your account) at blackberry.com/update?
Appreciate 0