E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Corona Issue

05-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
MCOChuck
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i xDrive M-Sport

Garage List
Corona Issue

The car is an E90 330i.

My corona lights are having issues on the passenger side only. When the switch is either on “adaptive” or “headlights on” they light up for 4-5 seconds then shut off. After a random amount of time they come back on for 4-5seconds then fail again. The light warning on the dash keeps going off (super annoying). All the other lights are working fine.

Other things to note: Since I bought the car 7 months ago, when I start the car it almost always strobes the lights (headlights or DRL, turn signals & license plate lights). Could be every time but I’m not able to notice. I understand this is a bulb check. Also, there’s occasionally been condensation in both headlight assemblies (after a heavy rain or car wash) since I’ve had the car. I’ve had the bulb failure notice randomly about 5-10 times over the last 6 months, but it went away and didn’t come back for days or weeks and there was nothing noticeably burned out until now.

Is this a bulb issue or something else? Sorry if this is a repost. I’ve searched a bunch of threads on this forum and although there's lots of lighting threads, I’m left pretty confused.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
username604
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
lime
Appreciate 0