E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > *Questions* M-tech Front Bumper/Euro Xenons/HID Fog Lights

03-24-2007, 11:56 PM   #1
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

*Questions* M-tech Front Bumper/Euro Xenons/HID Fog Lights

As you might know, yesterday I got into a Hit & Run/Road Rage accident which caused me to crash into another vehicle. Because of this I need a new front bumper, driver-side headlight and driver-side fog light so I started to consider some options other than what was on my car before. These are:

1. M-tech Front Bumper
2. Euro Xenons
3. HID Fog lights

And I had some questions. First, does anyone have a link to some more info on the M-Tech front bumper? Can't seem to find a large picture of it as well as any pricing info. This is a BMW part right so I will be able to order it through the parts department of my dealership?

Also, is the best place to buy the Euro Xenons on eBay? I found them for $1,509 shipped. Do they just plug and play? No errors on the dash? Also, are these the adaptive ones?: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-3...QQcmdZViewItem

As far as HID fog lights go, anyone have any info on those, such as price, any errors after install, difficulty of install, and primarily, where to buy them?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 01:11 AM   #2
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Dayum dude...where have you been??? These are probably some of the most common questions that have been put on here. I will try to summarize because a search will yield so many freaking results!!!

1. Mtech kit is OEM and avail to order from the dealer. They mostly sell it as a kit (front, rear and side skirts). Retail is somewhere around $1250, but you still have to paint it and have it installed. One was supposed to be able to order the parts seperately, but it has been quite difficult for members to get this way. If you were in Cali....Long could get you a deal on it. But shipping of these suckers is KRAAAAAAAZY!

2. Since you have a 330i....you need to get adaptive xenon lights. It should just be plug and play with no errors. Getting Euros is VERY difficult, because there are not that many around. Since your original light is destroyed...you need to make sure you get a set with the headlight housing, the xenon bulbs, and the ballasts!!! If your original light was still intact, you would have been able to just swap the bulbs and ballast over to the new set. Ebay...is one source, but again...make sure it has all of the items before buying.
      03-25-2007, 01:19 AM   #3
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd View Post
Dayum dude...where have you been??? These are probably some of the most common questions that have been put on here. I will try to summarize because a search will yield so many freaking results!!!

1. Mtech kit is OEM and avail to order from the dealer. They mostly sell it as a kit (front, rear and side skirts). Retail is somewhere around $1250, but you still have to paint it and have it installed. One was supposed to be able to order the parts seperately, but it has been quite difficult for members to get this way. If you were in Cali....Long could get you a deal on it. But shipping of these suckers is KRAAAAAAAZY!

2. Since you have a 330i....you need to get adaptive xenon lights. It should just be plug and play with no errors. Getting Euros is VERY difficult, because there are not that many around. Since your original light is destroyed...you need to make sure you get a set with the headlight housing, the xenon bulbs, and the ballasts!!! If your original light was still intact, you would have been able to just swap the bulbs and ballast over to the new set. Ebay...is one source, but again...make sure it has all of the items before buying.
Regarding 1. --- can I not order this through my BMW dealership? Isn't it a BMW part?

As for 2. --- I was taking a look at the parts I recovered from the road where the accident happened and it appears the bulb is intact, but what is the ballast? Plus, while it's intact, it's possible the internals are damaged because of the forces of impact. Anyway to check that? The ballast isn't the grey square box connected to the buttom of the light, is it? If so, I've got that whole assembly.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 01:33 AM   #4
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive View Post
Regarding 1. --- can I not order this through my BMW dealership? Isn't it a BMW part?

As for 2. --- I was taking a look at the parts I recovered from the road where the accident happened and it appears the bulb is intact, but what is the ballast? Plus, while it's intact, it's possible the internals are damaged because of the forces of impact. Anyway to check that? The ballast isn't the grey square box connected to the buttom of the light, is it? If so, I've got that whole assembly.

1. Yes order it from dealer. But again...many only want to order you the ENTIRE kit for $1250. Give it a shot, if you want only the front....you should be able to find the part numbers, but there are several things they have to order seperately to allow you to install it completely.

2. Yes! metal box is the ballast. You can test them out....swap out the parts with your good lheadlight and see if it still works. These should all just plug into position. If so...then you are ready to go and all you need is the housing! Look at ADHD's comments on the "halogen to xenon swap" thread. Its somewhere in there...page 15!!!...he has pics of the exact lay out.