E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > newbie questions

05-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
aznboix
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i-xdrive

newbie questions

hi guys, nice to find a forum about bimmer serie 3.
i'm new to bimmer. so here are my questions:

1) what engine number is my 2011 328i-xdrive?

2) about the xenon headlight, is there a way turn it on at night time? because most of the time(during night time), my xenon light doesn't kick in, only the normal bulb is on(yellowish light). In others words, it's not white.

3) About the DVD playback, the video can only be played during parked. Is there any ways to get around?

your input are appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
tomz17
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboix View Post
2) about the xenon headlight, is there a way turn it on at night time? because most of the time(during night time), my xenon light doesn't kick in, only the normal bulb is on(yellowish light). In others words, it's not white.
It's covered in your owners manual... read it!

(you can turn on the xenons manually using the switch to the left of the steering wheel, but if they aren't coming on automatically on auto mode then something is wrong)
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomz17 View Post
It's covered in your owners manual... read it!

(you can turn on the xenons manually using the switch to the left of the steering wheel, but if they aren't coming on automatically on auto mode then something is wrong)
Probably because he doesn't have the xenon option. Seriously though, all of your questions could have been simply answered on google or a quick search on this forum.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
hi guys, nice to find a forum about bimmer serie 3.
i'm new to bimmer. so here are my questions:

1) what engine number is my 2011 328i-xdrive?

3) About the DVD playback, the video can only be played during parked. Is there any ways to get around?

your input are appreciated.
1. n52
2. there should be a dial under the left air vent to adjust your headlight settings. the button by it turns fogs on/off. i'm sure you can figure it out from here.

3. *shrug* never use it so don't know.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #5
aznboix
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
Probably because he doesn't have the xenon option. Seriously though, all of your questions could have been simply answered on google or a quick search on this forum.
i can confirm YES I do have xenon. thanks for answering ..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 11:05 PM   #6
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
If the light switch is set to auto then the xenons should come on automatically, otherwise something is up. Read manual to figure out what the different positions mean on the light switch.

No way to get around the DVD thing, you have to get the car coded. MOFO does it for free if you want to drive to NY:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495918
      05-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
aznboix
Rep

Another thing, BMW doesn't recommended drivers to install car starter. it's true?
what happen to the BMW drivers during winter since they can't heat up the car?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
Quote:
Another thing, BMW doesn't recommended drivers to install car starter. it's true?
what happen to the BMW drivers during winter since they can't heat up the car?
The car heats up fast, you don't even need it and I wouldn't recommend messing with the wiring and ignition system too much. Unless you live in Antarctica (how much was shipping to get your car there?), I think you will survive the 3 BRUTALLY COLD minutes it takes to get warm. Do you have seat warmers? Those are fast too.

Also like mentioned before, you probably don't have Xenon Headlights in your car. You would know, because you paid extra for them if you have a 328.

Next, to get around the DVD player, you can check out modmynav (google it) or take it somewhere and ask if they can 'ground your parking break'. Basically, it tricks the system to thinking your parking break is engaged. Do I recommend it? No.
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0