E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > whats happening to my car?!?!?

05-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
manny127
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 335i Coupe (E92)

whats happening to my car?!?!?

So today I came home parked in my driveway pulled up the hand brake and hit the stop button and the car shut off, after I shut it off i realized the car was still in drive..... Ive accidently done this before but always get the message that tells me to put the car into park and then shut the car off. I think this is the first time ive done this since the fuel pump recall/reflash, so is this a flaw with the new firmware? I tried this again while in my driveway, I turned the car back on, reversed down the driveway, then back into drive and hit the stop buttom while driving forward and again the engine shut off. Another issue I have been having since the upgrade is I keep getting idrive notices telling me that the left and right brake lights have malfunctioned. Its very annoying cause both bulbs work fine. Is this a software porblem?? :s
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
Taipei-TT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 2.0D

My 2011 e92 coupe in Taiwan will shut off if it is left in Drive. But the gearshift will not move and it will not release the FOB.

For the lights, could be software, or could be a wiring harness is loss etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
manny127
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 335i Coupe (E92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipei-TT View Post
My 2011 e92 coupe in Taiwan will shut off if it is left in Drive. But the gearshift will not move and it will not release the FOB.

For the lights, could be software, or could be a wiring harness is loss etc.
I have CA so I could get out of the car after Ive shut it off in gear, not sure if it would lock or not. But the weirdest part is that it didnt allow me to do this before....
Appreciate 0