E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Can anyone answer my question about this 2011 3-series March Production Changes :D

05-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
Hyeclass323
Rep
Drives: 3 Series Coupe

Can anyone answer my question about this 2011 3-series March Production Changes :D

Hey everyone so i read this post on the 2011 3-series March Production Changes and i read comments where it doesnt come with sport package no more just the M sport package and when i check the bmwusa.com website and when i do build your own 328i coupe there is no sport package to choose just the M sport package so i was wondering is the new 2011 are only supposed to come with the M sport package because i just bought one last week and it came with a regular sport package and it didnt come with the M bumper and side skirts, and my 2011 328i price came out to be about 46,500 and when i build my own 328i online with the m sport package and all the options i have it comes out cheaper then what i got mine for about 45,000 i was wondering if they did some kind of mistake or if i got ripped off or anything? if they did a mistake or something or thats how it just comes. any info about this would be koo....

UNDER WHAT I wrote is a copied version of the post that i read about 2011 3-series March Production Changes

2011 3-series March Production Changes

Beginning with March production, the following changes take place for 3-series:
New M-sport package (which expands to include additional wheel styles) will be called ZM2, replacing ZMP
Sport Package (ZSP) no longer available on coupe and convertible (the equipment from this package is already included in M-sport package)
328i coupe and convertible M-sport package receives new 18" wheel style 152
328i xDrive coupe M-sport package includes 17" wheel style 340
335i xDrive coupe M-sport package includes 17" style 194
335i M-sport package continues to include 18" style 193, with upgrade to 19" style 230
328i xDrive and 335i xDrive coupes now come standard with 17" all-season tires (both models offered with upgrade to 18" wheel with performance tires"
All 3-series receive new BMW Apps (6NR) as an option
The BMW Apps (6NR) option is described as: (More details HERE)
Coming as the next advancement in BMW's ConnectedDrive Strategy, BMW Apps will provide new, unique ways of connecting driver, vehicle, and iPhone. Please be advised that adding option 6NR to any vehicle will automatically add Smartphone Integration (6NF) without an additional charge. 6NF will no longer be available as a standalone option. At the time of launch, BMW Apps will offer three functional areas (Apps, Plugin, and Video Playback).
Apps will consist of the BMW Connected App and BMW Certified 3rd Party Apps. The BMW Connected App is a free package available for download at Apple's App Store and currently includes Web Radio, Facebook and Twitter. Announcements for BMW Certified 3rd Party Apps will be forthcoming.
Plugin allows the user to take advantage of Apple iTunes features (such s Genius, album art, compiling playlists, etc.) that were previously unavailable. In essence, this function brings the look and feel of Apple's iPod interface to the iDrive display (requires snap in adapter)
Video Playback enables the user to view any video playback from their iPhone via the iDrive display when the vehicle is stationary (requires snap in adapter).
BMW Apps will be available on all BMW vehicles as of March, except for X3, X5, and X6 models, where the availability will begin as of April. iPhone models supported include 3G, 3GS or 4 enabled with the "BMW Connected" app available free of charge at Apple's App Store.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
bubbahead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G05 40i Msport

That is the longest run-on sentence EVER!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
beemer3
Rep
n/a
Drives:

When you say you bought a 328i coupe with Sports Package last week, did you buy one that has been sitting on the lot for a while, and if so what was the build date of the car? Or do you mean you ordered one last week?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
Hyeclass323
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer3 View Post
When you say you bought a 328i coupe with Sports Package last week, did you buy one that has been sitting on the lot for a while, and if so what was the build date of the car? Or do you mean you ordered one last week?
i least one last week its a 2011 model and i have the car already.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #5
aljlin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d e90

A couple things could have occurred for your car.
1. When was your car produced? Was it before March 2011? If it was then it was still built before the March 2011 production changes, and therefore it could have the sport package since it was available on the coupes produced before March 2011
2. If you got the steptronic transmission, then that could also be where the pricing went different because as of March 2011, steptronic became a no-cost option, whereas cars before March 2011, Steptronic cost money (somewhere over 2k I believe)...

And no the 328i coupe does not come standard with M-Sport package, it is a package that would be optioned on the car. After March 2011 production, the sport package was discontinued and the only way to get the sport seats on a car built, starting March 2011 was to get the M-Sport Package, among other changes.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
aljlin
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Another thing to consider, do you really have sport package? Mind you the coupes come with sport suspension and the sport wheel. The only thing to check is if you have the sport seats. If you have the sport seats, then you likely have sport package, but just that the car itself was produced before March 2011.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
Hyeclass323
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljlin View Post
A couple things could have occurred for your car.
1. When was your car produced? Was it before March 2011? If it was then it was still built before the March 2011 production changes, and therefore it could have the sport package since it was available on the coupes produced before March 2011
2. If you got the steptronic transmission, then that could also be where the pricing went different because as of March 2011, steptronic became a no-cost option, whereas cars before March 2011, Steptronic cost money (somewhere over 2k I believe)...

And no the 328i coupe does not come standard with M-Sport package, it is a package that would be optioned on the car. After March 2011 production, the sport package was discontinued and the only way to get the sport seats on a car built, starting March 2011 was to get the M-Sport Package, among other changes.
i think my sales man was a dick for not mentioning this after knowing him for a very long time and him calling him self our friend. lol
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
Hyeclass323
Rep

Quote:
Another thing to consider, do you really have sport package? Mind you the coupes come with sport suspension and the sport wheel. The only thing to check is if you have the sport seats. If you have the sport seats, then you likely have sport package, but just that the car itself was produced before March 2011.
yes i have sport package with sport seats and its fully loaded navigation xenon light it has everything just a lil mad that i couldve got the one after march for the same exact price just with the new bumper and side skirts and rear bumper and the m wheel, and a couple extra stuff i cudve gotten for free for the same price.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #9
aljlin
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyeclass323 View Post
i think my sales man was a dick for not mentioning this after knowing him for a very long time and him calling him self our friend. lol
Meh don't take it personal. most likely the dealer was looking to get that car off their lot so they can sell the newer ones, and from what I've read that transition between Pre-March 2011 to March 2011 production changes for the e9x has been slightly rough and confusing.

Just enjoy your car and don't worry about the changes too much or the price. Not much can be done at this point, and mulling over possibilities of this or that will just mar your enjoyment of your car!

What's done is done, and learn from this experience by doing some additional research on the cars before you purchase a car so that you don't get stuck in a situation like this where you discover additional stuff after you've made your purchase. From the sound of it you didn't look much into the current changes until afterwards...

All in all, just enjoy your car! That ultimately is the important part of the car, is how you enjoy the car. The details that you can't change anymore aren't worth it... :P
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #10
ZoomZoom
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 335i, 09 XC90

Quote:
Lol i actually didnt buy it my dad bought it they suprised me but i told him not to buy it without me i warned him a million times not to buy the car without me because I KNEW HES GUNA do something wrong and yet he did just the problem is now this month when i start workign im guna take over the payments and im guna have to buy a new front bumper new rear bumper exhaust and everything all because he bought it without me.

lol and my dad knows about cars hes had over 20 cars, mercedeses, bmws, hummers and other cars in the past 10 yrs he just didnt think that the sales man would do this because they have known eachother for over 10 yrs and the sales man calls himself our friend so pretty unexpected. :/

but overall i like the car just sucks now when i get my job i gotta pay like 800 bucks to change the bumpers and side skirts to the one i like when i coudlve had it for free haha

Is english your second language??

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #11
aljlin
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Lol i actually didnt buy it my dad bought it they suprised me but i told him not to buy it without me i warned him a million times not to buy the car without me because I KNEW HES GUNA do something wrong and yet he did just the problem is now this month when i start workign im guna take over the payments and im guna have to buy a new front bumper new rear bumper exhaust and everything all because he bought it without me.

lol and my dad knows about cars hes had over 20 cars, mercedeses, bmws, hummers and other cars in the past 10 yrs he just didnt think that the sales man would do this because they have known eachother for over 10 yrs and the sales man calls himself our friend so pretty unexpected. :/

but overall i like the car just sucks now when i get my job i gotta pay like 800 bucks to change the bumpers and side skirts to the one i like when i coudlve had it for free haha
Ah, well stuff like this happens unfortunately.

While unfortunate to think it could be the case, but the salesman could not have known about the production changes.. (He should... but you never know about salesmen these days) especially considering the March 2011 production cars have only just started to show up on their dealership in the last couple weeks.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #12
Hyeclass323
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
Is english your second language??
No english is not my second language, i am born and raised in Hollywood. I just don't care much over spelling and grammar over the internet, but i am guessing people like good spelling and grammar. Is that why you are asking?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #13
Hyeclass323
Rep

Quote:
Ah, well stuff like this happens unfortunately.

While unfortunate to think it could be the case, but the salesman could not have known about the production changes.. (He should... but you never know about salesmen these days) especially considering the March 2011 production cars have only just started to show up on their dealership in the last couple weeks.
Hey so thanks for the information, nice 335d have you put any spoilers or anything on it, or is it just stock?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #14
aljlin
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hey so thanks for the information, nice 335d have you put any spoilers or anything on it, or is it just stock?
Haven't gotten it yet, I expect it to be delivered in the next few days if not a week.... It's somewhere in CA right now, either on a truck or sitting at VPC or at the dealer, etc... So it is still just stock. Don't plan on doing a whole lot. Probably just some tint (thinking 50% front 35% back), and the BMW performance grill (blacked grill).

That's at least for now, it could change in the future, but nothing planned as of yet, and will have to see. Maybe a chip tune, but that's TBD.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #15
Hyeclass323
Rep

Quote:
Haven't gotten it yet, I expect it to be delivered in the next few days if not a week.... It's somewhere in CA right now, either on a truck or sitting at VPC or at the dealer, etc... So it is still just stock. Don't plan on doing a whole lot. Probably just some tint (thinking 50% front 35% back), and the BMW performance grill (blacked grill).

That's at least for now, it could change in the future, but nothing planned as of yet, and will have to see. Maybe a chip tune, but that's TBD.
i can get bmw parts for low price very low price so if you need something i can try getting it cheaper then what u find online or what u can get for and brand new on everything.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #16
Hyeclass323
Rep

Quote:

btw i got limo tints on my back windows and 15 percent on both of my sides its real nice
Appreciate 0