E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need Members Inputs

05-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
reddemon73
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435

Question Need Members Inputs

Hello fellow members,

Sponsored vendors on this board have been very helpful and I have purchased products and received great services. Here is the situation. I ordered several products from a vendor and received the wrong product. The vendor was very prompt in getting me the corrected product. He/she told me to hang on to the original product and will let me know what to do. I asked the vendor to just send me a returned label so I can send it back to the vendor. I received an email about a day ago asking if I can send the product to another person and the vendor will reimburse me back the postage fees. I want to be helpful and all but is this asking too much of a customer? I would have to take time off work, box up the product, go down to UPS/FedEx/USPS, wait in line, and send out the product. The vendor want me to send this our ASAP. What would you do in my situation?

Thanks.
2014 435i M Sport //AW, CR//premium, tech, lightening pkgs//20% tint//full clear bra//ppk//blk grills//20" Vertini wheels//digital gauge//Apple Carplay//MPE with catted DP//VSRF charge pipe//Wagner FMIC//
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 02:08 AM   #2
number1draftpick
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i

Is it possible for the Vendor to schedule a pickup so you wouldnt be any more inconvenienced than if you were using a return label?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 02:16 AM   #3
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

yes, I dont think you should even be asked about doing that for them. its their job and no matter how prompt they were in getting you the corrected product, they are wrong to ask you to do THEIR job. its unthinkable. if we truly get down to policy or law or protocal (whichever we call it), they need not only to pay you postage, they have to pay you your WAGES, because you worked for them, no matter how short or temporary it might be. so ask them to pay you few hours of wages plus all the reimbursement! I am sure they are violating some kind of labor laws by even asking you this.

i know you want to be a good person but yes, they crossed the line by asking to do this to a customer.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 02:20 AM   #4
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Its wrong. But chances are your ish came from somewhere in Asia I'm assuming. Tell them to email you a shipping label and you'll put it on your door step and schedule a pickup. Otherwise theyre SOL.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 06:50 AM   #5
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpride335i View Post
yes, I dont think you should even be asked about doing that for them. its their job and no matter how prompt they were in getting you the corrected product, they are wrong to ask you to do THEIR job. its unthinkable. if we truly get down to policy or law or protocal (whichever we call it), they need not only to pay you postage, they have to pay you your WAGES, because you worked for them, no matter how short or temporary it might be. so ask them to pay you few hours of wages plus all the reimbursement! I am sure they are violating some kind of labor laws by even asking you this.i know you want to be a good person but yes, they crossed the line by asking to do this to a customer.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 06:58 AM   #6
ChasVS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 MB ML350 Bluetec

Just have them Paypal you the cost of shipping to the new customer and print out the label and call for a pickup. You can even order shipping supplies from the post office on-line. Sure it's an inconvenience but if it's too much for yo then tell them so.