2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Real Oem Updated-bmw Apps Easier To Understand (somewhat)

04-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #1
lgk
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Real Oem Updated-bmw Apps Easier To Understand (somewhat)

Just FYI realoem.com has been updated with the new 3/11 part numbers.

I for one have tried to ascertained whether the BMW apps 6NR requires any additional wiring for those pre-production 9/10-2/11 vehicles with the new combox but without smart phone baseplate. It looks like the baseplate has three connections but my 535 without smart phone option only seems to have two wires 1. the antenna 2. power connection, but it does not seem to have an additional connection for data. therefore there must be a third wire for data which comes from somewhere to the base plate. However, it looks like you can use the USB connection in place of the plug in adapter for BMW apps when it becomes available as a retrofit.

It would be helpful if someone has pulled a wiring schematic to see what wires are there when you have the smart phone prep that would be helpful.

Also for anyone who wants to try the retrofit of the black panel display that part number is on realoem as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #2
Losco
Second Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: F10 528i M-sport

Thanks for the info. Definitely interested in black panel retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
Titanflux
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335d M Sport auto

Garage List
The apps features, except plugin video, work absolutely fine via the Apple cable connected to the 6FL USB port without going near the baseplate. What I guess no-one really knows is whether this works without the 6NF option - impossible to test becuase BMW make you have both - either for technical, practical or financial reasons.