E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 2007 335i with 92k miles

04-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
kevink
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

2007 335i with 92k miles

hi. im from el paso tx. a friend/associate of my friends dad is selling a 2007 335i with 92k miles. almost ALL of them are highway miles, having driven from el paso to dallas and back once every 2 weeks for about 3 years for training. the car is in immaculate condition, i don't believe the back or passenger seat have ever even been sat in. it was hand waxed monthly, and never beaten up. i cant stress how nice the car is. the car has 2 brand new turbos, new fuel injectors, 4 brand new tires, and brand new brake pads. the kelly blue book value is 23,500 and he's advertising the price at 21,000. he said because im a good friend of his associates son he would sell the car to me for 18,500. is this a good deal? thanks!

Last edited by kevink; 04-05-2011 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

if it does have 2 brand new turbos and is immaculate i would jump on it. Go and get the HPFP recall done and you are good I feel 18.5 is high tho. I think 16.5 or 17 is reasonable for 92k miles
      04-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

that's a ton of miles...i also fee like 18.5 is a bit high
      04-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
markpetersonii
Staff Sergeant Type
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 E46 M3 Vert

Not trying to thread jack, but I am pretty much in the same boat as you...

I found this: http://deluxeautodealer.ebizautos.co...d-6949273.html and I am looking at getting this relatively soon. Seeing the posts above I think if I can talk them down to $17500 OTD, it would be a decent deal. Am I wrong?

Sorry if i'm thread jacking, I just didn't see the point on making a new thread if there was another one asking the same question I had.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpetersonii View Post
Not trying to thread jack, but I am pretty much in the same boat as you...

I found this: http://deluxeautodealer.ebizautos.co...d-6949273.html and I am looking at getting this relatively soon. Seeing the posts above I think if I can talk them down to $17500 OTD, it would be a decent deal. Am I wrong?

Sorry if i'm thread jacking, I just didn't see the point on making a new thread if there was another one asking the same question I had.
I would recommend looking into the history. If it has one or two owners with the mileage spread out evenly over the course of it's life, that's much better than the last owner having owned it for under a year and driven a few thousand miles. The former would mean the car's mileage is due to a necessity for someone to commute far and would have been almost certainly highway mileage. The latter, someone picked up a cheap 335, played around with it for a few months/year, then got rid of it. Mileage/owner distribution can be seen in carfax.

The listing shows it's got a limited warranty. I'd make sure I trusted the dealership let me know that if something major went down with the car in the first few months of ownership (new turbos, etc.) that they would take care of it or take it back. Have this in writing.

You'll need to be mechanically inclined if you're committing yourself to this car. If an ignition coil goes bad (which it will), cost should be $50 to you, not $250. Otherwise this car will get very expensive. You also need to go in with a mentality of preventative maintenance (all fluid/filter changes, suspension, etc.) over mods. Not taking care of something ahead of time can come back and bite you. When I bought my car I did as much maintenance work as possible in the first few months so I had the peace of mind that everything was as it should be, even though the dealer told me they did a 'full service'.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #6
markpetersonii
Staff Sergeant Type
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 E46 M3 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakev724 View Post
I would recommend looking into the history. If it has one or two owners with the mileage spread out evenly over the course of it's life, that's much better than the last owner having owned it for under a year and driven a few thousand miles. The former would mean the car's mileage is due to a necessity for someone to commute far and would have been almost certainly highway mileage. The latter, someone picked up a cheap 335, played around with it for a few months/year, then got rid of it. Mileage/owner distribution can be seen in carfax.

The listing shows it's got a limited warranty. I'd make sure I trusted the dealership let me know that if something major went down with the car in the first few months of ownership (new turbos, etc.) that they would take care of it or take it back. Have this in writing.

You'll need to be mechanically inclined if you're committing yourself to this car. If an ignition coil goes bad (which it will), cost should be $50 to you, not $250. Otherwise this car will get very expensive. You also need to go in with a mentality of preventative maintenance (all fluid/filter changes, suspension, etc.) over mods. Not taking care of something ahead of time can come back and bite you. When I bought my car I did as much maintenance work as possible in the first few months so I had the peace of mind that everything was as it should be, even though the dealer told me they did a 'full service'.
Thanks for the advice about the background, I'll get that checked.

About the mechanically inclined thing, I like to think of myself as being mechanically inclined, I love working on cars and trucks. I've never really been one to bring in a car to a dealership. The only reason I would, is if there is warranty still on it or if I cannot figure out the solution through forums or through friends. I'm used to working on American though, this will be my first Euro or import for that matter (Not including my 2 GTOs, from Australia).

Thanks for the reply.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 11:02 PM   #7
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

YES, it is a good deal IMO

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 11:48 PM   #8
markpetersonii