E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Newbie here

03-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
lalu728
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i coupe

Newbie here

Hey guys,

First of all I'm super excited to be a new BMW owner! I ordered a 335i coupe with the premium package, convenience package, M sports package with paddle shifters, 19" wheels, navi, and HK sound. Ordered the car on March 8th.

Here is my question: for the past 2 weeks I have been logging on to BMWNA website to track the car and it still says that the car is on order. It even shows the wrong car. It shows a 328i convertible. I know it takes a while for the website to update so I didn't pay much attention to it. However, today I called the 1-800 number and when I put in my production number it says "arrival at the port of exit". Could this be true? Or am I just getting excited for no reason. Either way I'm gonna call the dealer on Monday and see what's up. Can't wait till I get my baby!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

i ordered my car in FEB and it should be at the port now, BMW website is still not updated, it tells me my car is "ordered"... it is possible that your car can be at the port, if your dealer had a slot and just adjusted the options on the car that was being built
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #3
yogi4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalu728 View Post
Hey guys,

First of all I'm super excited to be a new BMW owner! I ordered a 335i coupe with the premium package, convenience package, M sports package with paddle shifters, 19" wheels, navi, and HK sound. Ordered the car on March 8th.

Here is my question: for the past 2 weeks I have been logging on to BMWNA website to track the car and it still says that the car is on order. It even shows the wrong car. It shows a 328i convertible. I know it takes a while for the website to update so I didn't pay much attention to it. However, today I called the 1-800 number and when I put in my production number it says "arrival at the port of exit". Could this be true? Or am I just getting excited for no reason. Either way I'm gonna call the dealer on Monday and see what's up. Can't wait till I get my baby!
your dealer should know the production week number and your status doesn't get updated on owner's circle (BMW NA) atleast 1 day before production. the your production order must be a dealer's slot that has been modified and that's the reason it's showing u a different car.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 02:18 AM   #4
TonyUF
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ordered 2011 335i

The website is historically inaccurate, especially if the dealer changes a production allotment to fit your order. The order sheet your dealer gave you is your best bet.

Make sure you read the order tracking sticky. Lots of good data in there to help you stay informed through the ordering process.

And Grats!! You're going to love the car!
Appreciate 0