E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2011 328i X-Drive - Buzzing sound coming from rear speakers intermittantly

03-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
mys_iii
Private
Rep
Drives: None

2011 328i X-Drive - Buzzing sound coming from rear speakers intermittantly

Hi,

I've recently been getting this annoying buzzing sound from the rear speakers that goes away by itself after a few minutes. I turned the radio on and off and it doesn't seem to be related to the radio being on as it happens when the radio is off and even when the car is off.

Has anyone had such an issue? I think it may be a bad connection as tapping one of the rear speakers may have fixed it but I'm not sure.

Thanks

-Max
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
OdomPHD
I break for no one
United_States
Rep
Drives: e9o "Vanity 2"

Yeah, something like that happened in my car as well. I took it to the dealership and they completely replaced one of my back speakers and all was well. Since then (I've got the upgraded sound system option, with tweeters in my doors and all) I've blown the system again (admittedly my fault) and they replaced the whole system under warranty.

If your car is under warranty ALWAYS contact dealership for even the smallest error. If you act like a well bred citizen they treat you like a prince and cover many things they shouldn't (look at me for example, and it goes way beyond a meager sound system).

If for some reason they won't replace whatever the problem is then at very least you will have the source of the issue verified and you can take the car somewhere to have it repaired if you don't like BMW's quote.

Good luck!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
mys_iii
Private
Rep

Thanks a lot. I will mention this the next

time I go in for service. My car has very few miles and I never turn the radio up more than 1/3 - 1/2 of the way. The speakers are definitely not blown as they work fine when I turn the radio on. I'm pretty sure it's just a faulty part or connection.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
OdomPHD
I break for no one
United_States
Rep
Drives: e9o "Vanity 2"

I wasn't implying you mistreated your system; I was just saying that if you get with BMW right away they should fix it at no charge. I mean, it's a 2011 so it must have a warranty.

And in the future if even the smallest thing goes wrong, for example if the paint chips off of your "rain rails" or whatever they're called (the two black tracks that collect water from the windows and channels it over your roof) then take the car in and have it fixed before warranty is up. My steering wheel and shifter nob had VERY small paint chips from the stone in one of my rings, I mean 2 or 3mm, and they seriously gave me a new panel for my steering wheel and a brand new (and upgraded) shifter nob at no charge. BMW has been nothing but kind to me.

Again, I'm sorry you're having an error so early in your car ownership (or lease). It's not common but these things do happen.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
mys_iii
Private
Rep

That's great advice.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind.
Appreciate 0