BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

EXXEL Distributions

03-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Thumbs down RENN SPEC. I'm calling you out.

I've given Renn Spec a chance to make this right, but their lack of response has pissed me off. Time to put them on blast.

On 2/08 I PM'd Jason@Renn Spec to make an appointment for an oil change on my M6. Got a response, made the appointment.

A couple days before the appointment I had something come up and let Jason I know I needed to reschedule. I got a response back on 2/23 saying that he could reschedule me for 3/10. I said great.

Yesterday, 3/10, I drove over to Renn Spec, walked up to the door, and a guy asked if he could help me. I told him I was there for my oil change. He just gave me a confused look and told me that they were closed, in the process of moving, had no oil or supplies, and that Jason wasn't supposed to have booked any appointments until April.

I told him while that sucks and all, I had an appointment from Jason and I had taken part of the day off from work and driven 50 miles to their shop. He said he would call Jason. A minute later he came back and told me Jason wasn't answering his phone but he left him a message and that he would call me back.

I said fine, and left. I waited a couple of hours and didn't get a call.

I left Jason a PM at 2 yesterday afternoon asking what was up with this and what he could do to help correct the problem. I asked him to please call me and made sure to include my phone number. I had my phone with me all day yesterday and all day today. Nothing.

I decided to give Renn Spec one last chance. Maybe Jason was out of town, I knew he had been a few weeks ago. So I just checked his online status:

Last Activity: Today 02:25 PM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread OMFG! 8.9 Richter Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan!!

So Jason has time to read OT threads about earthquakes in Japan but not to call me back after giving me a bogus appointment that I wasted half my day and $25 worth of gas on?

Fuck that shit . Renn Spec I'm calling your asses out.
      03-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
RJM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I've given Renn Spec a chance to make this right, but their lack of response has pissed me off. Time to put them on blast.

On 2/08 I PM'd Jason@Renn Spec to make an appointment for an oil change on my M6. Got a response, made the appointment.

A couple days before the appointment I had something come up and let Jason I know I needed to reschedule. I got a response back on 2/23 saying that he could reschedule me for 3/10. I said great.

Yesterday, 3/10, I drove over to Renn Spec, walked up to the door, and a guy asked if he could help me. I told him I was there for my oil change. He just gave me a confused look and told me that they were closed, in the process of moving, had no oil or supplies, and that Jason wasn't supposed to have booked any appointments until April.

I told him while that sucks and all, I had an appointment from Jason and I had taken part of the day off from work and driven 50 miles to their shop. He said he would call Jason. A minute later he came back and told me Jason wasn't answering his phone but he left him a message and that he would call me back.

I left Jason a PM at 2 yesterday afternoon asking what was up with this and what he could do to help correct the problem. I asked him to please call me and made sure to include my phone number. I had my phone with me all day yesterday and all day today. Nothing.

I decided to give Renn Spec one last chance. Maybe Jason was out of town, I knew he had been a few weeks ago. So I just checked his online status:

Current Activity: Viewing Thread OMFG! 8.9 Richter Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan!!

So Jason has time to read OT threads about earthquakes in Japan but not to call me back after giving me a bogus appointment that I wasted half my day and $25 worth of gas on?

wow ... that is pretty disappointing ... it blows that they are ignoring you.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
Eurotrash8
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:

03-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Shit happens man...poor planning or lack thereof on Jason's part...but i think you're being a bit extreme.

What does have me rather confused is why ANYONE would drive 50 miles for an oil change!?!?
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

Not that it matters, but because there aren't many shops trustworthy enough to do even do a basic job right. When you find a good one you stick with them, even if it means driving a little further.

And I agree, shit does happen. My problem is not with the appointment having been incorrectly made. My problem is with the complete lack of communication afterward. If someone had called me back later that Thursday or even Friday to make a new appointment, everything would have been totally fine. But to not call me back because you're busy reading Internet forums? That's unprofessional and disrespectful, and I'm publicly saying so.

Still waiting for that phone call, Rennspec.

Last edited by FStop7; 03-12-2011 at 06:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
Meff
smiling amid the chaos...
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Shit happens man...poor planning or lack thereof on Jason's part...but i think you're being a bit extreme.

What does have me rather confused is why ANYONE would drive 50 miles for an oil change!?!?
I think you're missing the OP's point.

Yes, shit happens and people make mistakes we are all flawed creatures.

But since the vendor was made aware of the error, they have yet to acknowledge it and the inconvenience it caused his customer and simply reached out to say "hey man, we screwed up, sorry" ..."how about $50 off your next oil change"

This I believe is what is annoying, frustrating in the OP's eyes

I routinely drive 50 miles for no reason whatsoever btw.....
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
chris s
Major General
Rep

Actually i didn't miss anyone's point. My point was as i stated...he's being extreme with putting RennSpec "ON blast". They're well known and very reputable and I'm sure there's a good explanation for the mistake and the lack of followup. And honestly, the appointment was yesterday...is 1 day really enough time for jason to respond?. Exactly what is accomplished by this thread is beyond me.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #8
Meff
Rep

Quote:
Not that it matters, but because there aren't many shops trustworthy enough to do even do a basic job right. When you find a good one you stick with them, even if it means driving a little further.

And I agree, shit does happen. My problem is not with the appointment having been incorrectly made. My problem is with the complete lack of communication afterward. If someone had called me back later that day or even the next day to make a new appointment, everything would have been totally fine. But to not call me back because you're busy reading Internet forums? That's unprofessional and disrespectful, and I'm publicly saying so.

Still waiting for that phone call, Rennspec.
was posting at the same time and did not see this, but I guess I was right on.

Props for calling them out on this - customer service seems to be a such a dying breed these days
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #9
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

Quote:
Actually i didn't miss anyone's point. My point was as i stated...he's being extreme with putting RennSpec "ON blast". They're well known and very reputable and I'm sure there's a good explanation for the mistake and the lack of followup. And honestly, the appointment was yesterday...is 1 day really enough time for jason to respond?. Exactly what is accomplished by this thread is beyond me.
Unless you work for Rennspec I would ask for you to please stop speaking for them and stop trying to confuse the issue, because I'm starting to wonder what your agenda is.

The appointment was Thursday. I received no call Thursday. I received no call Friday. I was going to wait another day until I saw Jason was dicking around on the forum on Friday afternoon, which was the final straw. Besides that, Jason is not the only person who works for Rennspec. Anyone who works there could have contacted me.

The reason I am calling them out in public is because it appears that this is the only way to get their attention.
      03-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #10
chris s
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Unless you work for Rennspec I would ask for you to please stop speaking for them and stop trying to confuse the issue, because I'm starting to wonder what your agenda is.

The appointment was Thursday. I received no call Thursday. I received no call Friday. I was going to wait another day until I saw Jason was dicking around on the forum on Friday afternoon, which was the final straw. Besides that, Jason is not the only person who works for Rennspec. Anyone who works there could have contacted me.

Pump the brakes pal...you posted on a public forum...I'll post as often and as much as i want about whatever i choose! Thats first of all... I've used Simon and RennSpec for 8 years, well before they even were "rennspec" and I've never had anything but GREAT customer service.

So, yes...i think your post was/is ridiculous! My opinion, my choice to post it. You don't like it...dont read it! Simple as that!

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps Jason has family in Japan or knows people there and has been otherwise occupied?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #11
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

this has happened to me with other shops before. i hate it when they say they will call you back and they never do. i think you did the right thing to post it here... this type of feedback should get in touch with customers faster next time.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #12
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

Quote:
Did it ever occur to you that perhaps Jason has family in Japan or knows people there and has been otherwise occupied?
Are you serious with this bullshit? The earthquake happened over 10 hours after I was at their shop.

I've had to drop everything at work because of a family emergency. Before I left I made sure to not leave my customers hanging. I put them in touch with my coworkers. I notified people and canceled appointments. That's what professionals do. I didn't duck people while hanging out on Bimmerpost OT. Like I said, Jason is not Rennspec. Anyone who works there could have contacted me. This is business.

Right now you're not doing Rennspec or yourself any favors as far as image goes.
      03-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #13
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

I didn't know they made an M6 sedan?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #14
Nexlevmm
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SG E92 M

FStop7, i agree 100% with how you feel. As far as business goes, if anything ever comes up you always wanna cover your bases and make sure that the customers are taken care of, at least thats what i do. I hope it gets fixed and Jason reaches you, because it only takes a few mistakes for a company to lose its faithful customers and then all business thereafter.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #15
Meff
Rep

Quote:
Pump the brakes pal...
I find it odd that your empathy extends only to the vendor and yet you have none for the OP
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #16
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meff View Post
I find it odd that your empathy extends only to the vendor and yet you have none for the OP
I find it odd that he does not deny he's speaking for Rennspec and is trying to use the Japan earthquake as an excuse for mistreating customers. That is really low. If it's true then my heart goes out to them. But the bottom line is the incident I posted about took place before the quake ever happened, and there is a degree of professionalism expected in business.

Last edited by FStop7; 03-12-2011 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #17
chris s
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I find it odd that he does not deny he's speaking for Rennspec and is trying to use the Japan earthquake as an excuse for mistreating customers. That is really low. If it's true then my heart goes out to them. But the bottom line is the incident I posted about took place before the quake ever happened, and there is a degree of professionalism expected in business.

Dude relax yourself...and do not put words in my mouth! I'm not 'speaking for rennspec'...thats ridiculous. Nor was I using the earthquake as an excuse...i was simply speculating at a possible reason...and trying to get you to give a reputable shop the benefit of the doubt before you smear their name any further.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #18
chris s
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meff View Post

I'm sorry...i thought we were in the vendor review section, not the group therapy section.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 12:24 AM   #19
jacobe92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Hell Rot F80 M3

Rennspec

They are in the middle of a move to Alhambra CA. I know because they are using my buddy's trucking business to help with their move and his waiting for them to install his ESS Supercharger.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 03:56 AM   #20
werly
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR E92 M3

I like how this post is developing now, interesting how ppl react to each other online
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #21
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Wow. You're overreacting; you're not God's gift. It's the weekend; many people don't work. It sucks so BAD that you wasted SO much time and drove 50 miles out of YOUR way to be disappointed. You went out of your way to post in a vendor section because of a miscommunication from an oil change schedule? Renn Spec is a phenomenal business. I live in Miami and Active Autowerke is down the street from me, but I choose to purchase ALL my mods from Renn Spec because of their service and attention to detail. I run many retail businesses and people like you are never happy. If you really want to solve this problem and NEVER have this happen again; be a man and do your own oil changes.

Quote:

2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #22
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
Wow. You're overreacting; you're not God's gift. It's the weekend; many people don't work. It sucks so BAD that you wasted SO much time and drove 50 miles out of YOUR way to be disappointed. You went out of your way to post in a vendor section because of a miscommunication from an oil change schedule? Renn Spec is a phenomenal business. I live in Miami and Active Autowerke is down the street from me, but I choose to purchase ALL my mods from Renn Spec because of their service and attention to detail. I run many retail businesses and people like you are never happy. If you really want to solve this problem and NEVER have this happen again; be a man and do your own oil changes.
Appreciate 0