BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
NFIDDY5
I bleed Scarlet and Gray!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Frustration mounting with iCarbon...

Placed an order well over 3 weeks ago with them through a vendor. They told us everything was in stock and would ship immediately. Yet here I sit. Still no parts. And to top it off, been trying to.contact them for 3 days and I get a recorded message asking me to leave a message. Obviously, they will get right on a call back from a voicemail. Right.... :thumbsdown:
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
NFIDDY5
United_States
Rep

FWIW, I am not the type to bash a company but I expected more from them at this point. A few days before shipping is cool. But over two weeks when you tell me that both parts are in stock is rather pathetic IMHO. Oh, and still no response to any emails sent by the vendor to iCarbon.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
I would call Setian @ DTMrack.com. He seems to be able to handle iCarbon issues pretty well. This is one of the main reasons I stayed away from them. I would have really loved to have that trunk.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
NFIDDY5
United_States
Rep

As much as I would like to, I don't want to get another vendor involved. I have the vendor I placed the order through dealing with them. If I don't have a tracking number by Friday, I will cancel the order. I know Agency Power makes a front splitter and rear diffuser for the 135i and I can have it same day. And get them installed same day also. Still pretty pathetic on iCarbon's part.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFIDDY5 View Post
As much as I would like to, I don't want to get another vendor involved. I have the vendor I placed the order through dealing with them. If I don't have a tracking number by Friday, I will cancel the order. I know Agency Power makes a front splitter and rear diffuser for the 135i and I can have it same day. And get them installed same day also. Still pretty pathetic on iCarbon's part.
I would have suggested DTM also. Why? Because they actually are in Florida also and they could probably handle customer service better. They might cost more but you get what you pay for...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
NFIDDY5
United_States
Rep

Awesome. So these clowns tell me when I order that both parts are ready to ship. So I place the orders and am immediately charged. Called today to be told that the front lip and rear diffuser production will be completed on the 12the and will ship on the 14th. Not only do I not believe this, I am floored that this is how they run their business. Maybe and ethics and integrity class is needed for these guys. Still considering cancelling the order and buying both pieces from Agency Power.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Yeah, it's official. I won't purchase ANY iCarbon. I really only wanted the trunk anyway, but still this is ridiculous. After all the issues you would think they would smooth the process out eventually.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold

Last edited by HondaGoneRogue; 03-10-2011 at 10:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

3 weeks? Blogger please. You're a rookie. Try 6 months.

iCarbon 1 Series iCS Hood - Ordered 9/3/10
Received about 4.5 months later.

iCarbon 1 Series iCS Carbon Trunk Spoiler - Ordered 9/3/10
As of today, 3/10/11 still not received
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #9
mdg001
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5

Garage List
2012 BMW X5  [0.00]
pfff... you are both rookies

i ordered CF grills and CF license plate ..... july 27th ... 2010 on what was suppose to be a couple weeks wait... going on 8 months....

every month i get an email saying another couple of weeks....

my car is stored for winter but its coming out in april.

if i don't receive anything by then.... cancelling order
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #10
Black Sheep
A Zip an a Double Cup
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

I've had nothing but horrible experiences with them

PTF Tuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 08:07 AM   #11
JHOOPS2
AKA HISSMAN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SG 135i Coupe'

Rear Matte Spoiler 3ish weeks
Rear Matte Diffuser 3-4ish weeks iirc
      03-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #12
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

You get what you pay for: BMW Performance ftw!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #13
JHOOPS2
AKA HISSMAN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SG 135i Coupe'

So far everything I have ordered fits like a glove. Plus I want everything in Matte, and that IS not an option with BMW parts as of this time.
      03-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
Black Sheep
A Zip an a Double Cup
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

The hood and trunks are where most of the issues are..

PTF Tuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #15
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Just to make it clear, this right here is NOT an iCarbon issue. This is all the dealer's responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budz135i View Post
The hood and trunks are where most of the issues are..
There's plenty of those in stock right now.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #16
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMrack.com View Post
Just to make it clear, this right here is NOT an iCarbon issue. This is all the dealer's responsibility.

There's plenty of those in stock right now.
What if you your dealer was iCarbon... like if you ordered through them initially and pay money directly to them... still not their issue? Who would be responsible under that circumstance? Its nice to have clarity.

I guess those who have issues should be really clear who they ordred from. so we can indeed decide whether or not this is a iCarbon issue or vendor issue...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #17
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_135i View Post
What if you your dealer was iCarbon... like if you ordered through them initially and pay money directly to them... still not their issue? Who would be responsible under that circumstance? Its nice to have clarity.

I guess those who have issues should be really clear who they ordred from. so we can indeed decide whether or not this is a iCarbon issue or vendor issue...
You're entirely right Simon.

If some members ordered through iCarbon and the order took long, then of course that would be an iCarbon issue. But the link posted by HondaGoneRogue is a different story, the member clearly ordered through another dealer. And that has nothing to do with iCarbon themselves. A dealer should know what they have in stock, and if they do drop ship, then they should know what the manufacturer has in stock.

Alas, this is why we have our own stock. So we can control everything ourselves. But remember that iCarbon doesn't sell directly anymore, so aside from those old pending orders, any bad service a customer receives has to pertain or fall on the dealer they chose to use.

As far as those old pending orders, (which are the ones you mentioned), I was just at iCarbon this week and from what I saw, those customers will be getting something delivered real soon

I just can't wait for all the pending 'direclty purchased from iCarbon' orders to be fullfilled. Because that day, iCarbon will be able to keep on shining for the quality in their products, and not be shun because of their lack of quality in retail services. When that day comes, every person interested in iCarbon will be able to say "My iCarbon pieces are SO SICK, and the customer service was awesome...because I bought through DTMrack"
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #18
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Quote:

If some members ordered through iCarbon and the order took long, then of course that would be an iCarbon issue. But the link posted by HondaGoneRogue is a different story, the member clearly ordered through another dealer. And that has nothing to do with iCarbon themselves. A dealer should know what they have in stock, and if they do drop ship, then they should know what the manufacturer has in stock.

Alas, this is why we have our own stock. So we can control everything ourselves. But remember that iCarbon doesn't sell directly anymore, so aside from those old pending orders, any bad service a customer receives has to pertain or fall on the dealer they chose to use.

As far as those old pending orders, (which are the ones you mentioned), I was just at iCarbon this week and from what I saw, those customers will be getting something delivered real soon

I just can't wait for all the pending 'direclty purchased from iCarbon' orders to be fullfilled. Because that day, iCarbon will be able to keep on shining for the quality in their products, and not be shun because of their lack of quality in retail services. When that day comes, every person interested in iCarbon will be able to say "My iCarbon pieces are SO SICK, and the customer service was awesome...because I bought through DTMrack"
DTM you make some excellent points in your post and I'm glad you are providing the customer service aspect but you also identify a big element. There are STILL customers (Fellow members who participated in the GB) who are waiting for their products, while other parts are being manufactured. One would assume the company would first fulfill their existing orders to satisfy the GB members right? Sure iCarbon no longer deals with the customer service side anymore but it shouldn't take away their responsibilities to those who purchased from them. Instead, this situation reflect how little in the company prioritize their original customer base. I am personally dissappointed, considering this was their second GB.

@DTM I think you guys will def be one of my very first vendors to check if I want a product because your customer service is by far one of the best. However, based on my exp. with iCarbon it just left a sour taste in my mouth and while the product was exactly as described, it just took way too long and the lack of accountability (or any apology for the delays) was too much to ignore.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #19
NFIDDY5
United_States
Rep

Quote:

So what do you suggest I do DTM? The vendor whom I bought these parts from has been told BY MARIO not once, but twice now, what I would consider misleading information at this point. First it was the two parts were in stock and ready to ship so they could get the order (and of course, the money was drafted from my account IMMEDIATELY). Then, 3 weeks later, when the parts were still not delivered, the new story was "Parts will complete production on the 12th, and shipped no later than the 14th." Its the 18th now, and still no tracking info, and I cannot even get ahold of anyone there.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #20
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFIDDY5 View Post
So what do you suggest I do DTM? The vendor whom I bought these parts from has been told BY MARIO not once, but twice now, what I would consider misleading information at this point. First it was the two parts were in stock and ready to ship so they could get the order (and of course, the money was drafted from my account IMMEDIATELY). Then, 3 weeks later, when the parts were still not delivered, the new story was "Parts will complete production on the 12th, and shipped no later than the 14th." Its the 18th now, and still no tracking info, and I cannot even get ahold of anyone there.
It's sickening/disgusting/enraging how many of these idiots are allowed to own businesses that (mal)function in this manner. The customer base is partially at fault for supporting them by buying any irrelevant junk they come up with, even if it turns to shit 2 weeks later. Personally I have not been a victim to any of the companies on this forum given that I learned from a few experiences with previous cars and very similar startup businesses; but I certainly feel for those who put their trust and money into the products that these people generate. The same thing goes for the wheel industry.

People, do yourselves a favor and search before you buy....plenty of evidence will surface as to why you should stay away from these industries.

I'm sorry that many of you are having to go through this.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #21
NFIDDY5
United_States
Rep

The thing that concerns me most NOW. Assume I decide to stick with the order due to certain reasons (i.e. the iCarbon parts are the most aethetically pleasing parts compared to competition per my taste or I cannot afford the alternatives, etc.), how is customer service gonna be if I have a problem? The sale, to me, doen't stop at the purchase/transaction. If there is a quality issue or a fitment issue, are these problems going to persist as far as the ones I am currently experiencing? Sad that there has been no input from iCarbon on this thread. Totally at a loss as to what to do now.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #22
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
The same thing goes for the wheel industry.
Appreciate 0