2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) Euro Delivery Timing Dilemma

03-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
Sam-F10
Rep
Drives: F10 550xi

Euro Delivery Timing Dilemma

I plan to use Euro delivery to get my F10 550xi and I need to be in Europe by around June 29th for other reasons.

Should I order such that Euro Delivery date is a few weeks before June 29 so that I am postively sure that when I reach there the car will be ready. When making flight arrangement through BMW agent can you connect the Flight dates with actual delivery date of car so if delay in delivery flight ticket also gets moved.

I ask as I read somewhere on unexpected delays ( not sure this is true ). Also some of the NJ dealers are now mentioning of backlog.

Any thoughts guys?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
Russ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 550xi

When you order your 550 for ED the BMW ED department gives you a date and time for delivery and that is a BMW commitment. There is no "on or about" that date.

Suggest you shop around for a best price from ED dealers. Check other posts about the price.

Also suggest you take delivery stateside in SC Performance Center. Charleston and Kiawah Island are great in the summer.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
bfv
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bajaj Auto Rickshaw

Should I order such that Euro Delivery date is a few weeks before June 29 so that I am postively sure that when I reach there the car will be ready.

>>> You may do so. Your CA can arrange for a date accordingly. However, you need to act fast as everyone wants to do ED in summer and date may not be available.

When making flight arrangement through BMW agent can you connect the Flight dates with actual delivery date of car so if delay in delivery flight ticket also gets moved.

>>>>What do you mean by BMW agent? a dealer? If so, dealer or sales person or customer assistance (CA) typically DON'T arrange flights for you. You have to do them on your own. If you get a date from ED dept. in Munich, its pretty firm.

I ask as I read somewhere on unexpected delays ( not sure this is true ). Also some of the NJ dealers are now mentioning of backlog.

>>>>This can be very true for summer season. But, I suggest you ask more than one dealer.....some might be able to squeeze you in.
Appreciate 0