2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Mrs Sat Nav

02-24-2011, 12:25 AM   #1
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

Mrs Sat Nav

Disclaimer I have not yet so this could be something I just need to read up on.....

.....basically noticed while driving with guidance active and voice instructions ON when mrs sat nav speaks as with previous idrive versions if you increase volume mrs sat nav shouts at you more loudly so far so good.

The subtle difference seems to be that before she speaks the system doesn't seem to fade the audio source rather she talks over the top of the audio (like a real woman!!!!) and if the audio is louder you have to increase mrs sat navs voice to hear her..

Need to test again to make sure it's not my imagination but there definitely doesn't seem to be an obvious audio fade before sat nav instructions are spoken......as a comparison there is definitely a noticeable fading of the audio for example when an incoming call appears.

Just wondered if anyone else noticed this effect could be working as designed just struck me as being different to how I remembered previous gen media pro working
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 12:42 AM   #2
Losco
Second Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: F10 528i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernmonkey View Post
Disclaimer I have not yet so this could be something I just need to read up on.....

.....basically noticed while driving with guidance active and voice instructions ON when mrs sat nav speaks as with previous idrive versions if you increase volume mrs sat nav shouts at you more loudly so far so good.

The subtle difference seems to be that before she speaks the system doesn't seem to fade the audio source rather she talks over the top of the audio (like a real woman!!!!) and if the audio is louder you have to increase mrs sat navs voice to hear her..

Need to test again to make sure it's not my imagination but there definitely doesn't seem to be an obvious audio fade before sat nav instructions are spoken......as a comparison there is definitely a noticeable fading of the audio for example when an incoming call appears.

Just wondered if anyone else noticed this effect could be working as designed just struck me as being different to how I remembered previous gen media pro working
I noticed this too in my F10. I know E60 worked fine tho.. I think what makes nav lady fade the audio is the volume of the audio. I haven't really tested this, but when my ipod was loud I think my audio faded a bit while nav lady spoke.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernmonkey View Post
rather she talks over the top of the audio (like a real woman!!!!)
You have reached enlightenment, there is no need to read the manual.