E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Trans fluid drain and fill

02-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW's/Flex Polishers

Trans fluid drain and fill

This weekend I had time to change my trans fluid. I never did a break in oil change on it although I did the break in on the engine. Currently I have 20,xxx miles. Any how it was really straight forward to get done and I refilled the gearbox with oem fluid. I know its not cheap but I prefer to use factory stuff. I never really had a chance to actually drive the car yet other than go around the neighborhood. What a difference it makes by replacing the fluid. I cant comment on the difference between fluids as I have only felt factory and I never would have thought that by changing the fluid the shifting would be so much smoother. Now I just need to replace that CDV!
Appreciate 0