E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Nav problem - map stalls / doesn't move for a while

02-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
down boy
Hobo Whisperer
Rep
Drives: 330i

Nav problem - map stalls / doesn't move for a while

I did a quick search for this problem and didn't see it mentioned.

My navigation map used to work just fine until about 2 weeks ago (maybe cold weather related?), when it started stalling upon startup. When I start driving, the navigation map shows up but the little arrow showing my location does not move from its original location on the navigation map. Sometimes, if I keep driving, the navigation eventually kicks in and the arrow starts moving and finds my correct location. But sometimes not; sometimes, I drive the entire time and the arrow never moves from my original spot.

Anyone know how to fix this problem? I tried rebooting the iDrive (3 fingers pressing on the CD, DVD, and volume) and that does not fix it.

This is for a 2006 330i. I thought maybe I needed some kind of software update but the car's beyond the warranty and the dealer said it would be like 3 hours of service to get this worked on ($200-300), which to me is not worth it.
Appreciate 0