2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications PiggyBack tunes any time soon for N63 Engines???

01-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
marcielago
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: SG F10 550i MSport, CB E39 M5

Exclamation PiggyBack tunes any time soon for N63 Engines???

Can any of the mentioned tuners below confirm or at least give us feedback on when or if any solutions for the N63 are going to be available:-

- Procede
- JB
- Cobb Tuning

Other tuners are also more than welcome to chime in...

What about you guys in the forum? I'm not feeling the interest here in this sub-forum. Has any of you added some horses to your beasts, ECU-wise?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcielago View Post
Can any of the mentioned tuners below confirm or at least give us feedback on when or if any solutions for the N63 are going to be available:-

- Procede
- JB
- Cobb Tuning

Other tuners are also more than welcome to chime in...

What about you guys in the forum? I'm not feeling the interest here in this sub-forum. Has any of you added some horses to your beasts, ECU-wise?
There are a few of us with Dinan software.. Search and you shall find
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
marcielago
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Thanks for the heads-up. The thing is I'm looking for piggy-backs specifically coz of the fact they require the customer to ship their ECU to their workshop in order to do a flash software for it. Plus I honestly cannot justify the relatively high price on this upgrade, USD 3K for stage 1

Of course I'm assuming that Dinan tuning is a flash.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up. The thing is I'm looking for piggy-backs specifically coz of the fact they require the customer to ship their ECU to their workshop in order to do a flash software for it. Plus I honestly cannot justify the relatively high price on this upgrade, USD 3K for stage 1

The Dinan flash is fairly simple, as it is downloaded directly to the car via the OBD port. I think Active Autowerke may have a tune for the F10 N63 soon as well. Whoever you decide to go with do your homework and get the real "on road" feedback
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
methodzz
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i MSport

car_fan : who did your dinan flash? your in south florida? what did it cost you? make a huge difference?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
hGX2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 50i

Bump for update.....Vishnu?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #7
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

I am waiting for Active Autowerke.

Prelim figures show it gets about 1/2 of the gain in comparison to Dinan's S1 # for half the price ?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #8
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
I am waiting for Active Autowerke.

Prelim figures show it gets about 1/2 of the gain in comparison to Dinan's S1 # for half the price ?
So are we. We do the AA software flashing on-site and we are getting tired of having to turn the N63 customers away..

Soooon...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
Mr 7
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2009 650i, 2011 550i

Quote:

Hey marcielago,
since you are in AbuDhabi why don't you check out AbuDhabi motors. Im guessing you got your 550i from there ? The parts and accessories department sell some kind of ecu tuning package from a company called pp performance i think it's an ecu flash or something. As i recall the price is a bit steep (around 16,000 dhs or about USD 4,350) but you do get to keep the warranty. This is just some information about the tuning package they offer for the 550i
http://www.pp-performance.de/5er550i300kW.htm
The info is in German but I'm guessing most of the stuff is pretty much comprehensible. Also the 0-100 km/h claim seems a bit ambitious but the rest of the info seems credible. I'm seriously contemplating getting this installed on my car as well but I've been a bit busy lately, and seeing as the 550i is my daily driver i couldn't afford to keep it in AbuDhabi. ill hopefully get to it eventually .
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #10
marcielago
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 7 View Post
Hey marcielago,
since you are in AbuDhabi why don't you check out AbuDhabi motors. Im guessing you got your 550i from there ? The parts and accessories department sell some kind of ecu tuning package from a company called pp performance i think it's an ecu flash or something. As i recall the price is a bit steep (around 16,000 dhs or about USD 4,350) but you do get to keep the warranty. This is just some information about the tuning package they offer for the 550i
http://www.pp-performance.de/5er550i300kW.htm
The info is in German but I'm guessing most of the stuff is pretty much comprehensible. Also the 0-100 km/h claim seems a bit ambitious but the rest of the info seems credible. I'm seriously contemplating getting this installed on my car as well but I've been a bit busy lately, and seeing as the 550i is my daily driver i couldn't afford to keep it in AbuDhabi. ill hopefully get to it eventually .
Hey Mr 7

Thanks for the info... I know its a late response, been quite busy away from this forum.

I heard of this from a couple of guys lately and looked through the posted webpage. I am guessing the prices in UAE would not be cheaper than mentioned in their website. Honestly I think the price is in the high end. With the 50 bhp increase from their tune and the USD 4,000 price tag, we are looking at USD 80/hp compared to USD 10-12/hp (my guestimate) from Vishnu for example.

Second thing I spoke to a friend I know who told me that this tune is warranted from BMW AD, as you also said. I am too skeptical about this claim and I will not pay this big amount until I get a paper signed and stamped by the BMW workshop manager, saying that the tune is warranted and whatever happens to the car will be warranted. My guess is they will not provide this paper coz they are not sure if this tune is of quality.

I have contacted vishnu people a few times since April 2011. They replied to me but haven't heard of any final releases yet (apparently I am leaning towards Vishnu).

Regards,
Appreciate 0