E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Dings, paint chips...

09-21-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
RyBMW
Major
Rep
Drives: X5

Garage List
2012 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 335i  [0.00]
Dings, paint chips...

Anyone have any door dings, paint chips on bumper/hood/fender, etc? My E90 is a lease and I'm probably not going to get clear bra.
Also when you park far away from everyone, there is always one car that has to park right next to you.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2005, 04:30 PM   #2
rad21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyBMW
Also when you park far away from everyone, there is always one car that has to park right next to you.
Yup, just like when you go to the movies and sit down in am empty row- there are over 100 empty seats all over the theater but someone always sits next to me
      09-21-2005, 04:59 PM   #3
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Why is it they can engineer solutions to problems that don't exist (active steering comes to mind) but they can't formulate a clear coat and paint that meet EPA standards *and* resist chipping and swirls? At least give me a paint on the front end that pits instead of chips ... or make it afforable to have the front end repainted every few years to freshen it up.

All my cars end up looking like rally cars after about 2 years.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2005, 04:59 PM   #4
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Anyone have any door dings, paint chips on bumper/hood/fender, etc? My E90 is a lease and I'm probably not going to get clear bra.
you are from new york and expect to park by yourslef?? they should make e90 foldable....ahaha so when you park just fold it and put it in your pocket.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2005, 05:05 PM   #5
peakpro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ex-Z4; now looking

Smile

Quote:

Always!!!!! Inconsiderate a$$es

I think Langka works well for chips.

As well as the autovisual (sp?) pen.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2005, 06:37 PM   #6
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by peakpro
Always!!!!! Inconsiderate a$$es

I think Langka works well for chips.

As well as the autovisual (sp?) pen.
I don't mind coming out and seeing a Corvette, MB, 'nother BMW, etc. next to me (they figure I'm safe and their safe), but it pisses me off when it's some beater.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2005, 07:31 PM   #7
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad21
Yup, just like when you go to the movies and sit down in am empty row- there are over 100 empty seats all over the theater but someone always sits next to me
It's the car you drive!!!! Gets peoples attention, even when you are without your car.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2005, 09:43 PM   #8
Saintor
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

One could be relieved that '76 Monte Carlo with giant doors are no longer in production.

But instead, they send us stupid minivans with moms who can't control the door.

You couldn't believe how much I walk.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2005, 12:17 AM   #9
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

Quote:
It's because they want to get the some of that beauty effect by parking next to your car. They are hoping their car will look good too by coming close to it.

I purposely went out of my way to park in a row of clear parking spaces at work and when I went to go check something, I see this big ass SUV parked right next to my car when there all these other open spots. oh well, what can we do....
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2005, 12:24 AM   #10
bcaslis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2006 330i

No kidding! I always park as far as I can. Naturally I come out of the store the other day and there's this huge 18 wheeler loaded with rocks next to my car!!! I almost died, but fortunately nothing on my car.
      10-17-2005, 07:50 PM   #11
ivanwibi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320ie90 Silver

Garage List
2006 E90 - 320i  [0.00]
Shopping dings

Dings are cause by careless individual, they just don't care, once I ding other ppl car, that is due to the wind blowing my car dor open to quickly.

But now days you can get a ppl that will remove it and you can barely see the marks of the work done on it.

I had one at the shoulder line of my Toyota corolla the size of a foot ball (due to vandalism) no paint had peel off, just kick in, as well as other smaller dings, and it came out perfect, the 'foot ball' cost me nearly US$230, but it was worth it.

Persevere and enjoy your car, and stay away from shopping malls car park, save money and save your car from mortal damage!

Nov 04 Landrover Freelander TD4, Silver, 17" Freedom Wheels, one tough little hippo.

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2005, 07:28 AM   #12
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
You ever hear of that saying:

You should park next to a nicer car then the one you are driving, cause then a thief would steel the nicer car and not yours!!

haha

I already have one door ding on my car. My gf crapped all over me when I said I won't park next to shitty beaten up cars because they have no respect. Well, the other day I took my gf and her friend somewhere and she jumped out of my back seat and SLAMMED the door open into an E46 next to me. She drives (the friend) a shitty car - and therefor proves she has no respect. There was plenty of space to get out, but no...she slammed my door full well into the E46's side mirror. LUCKY there was no damage on either car.

So when i try and park, i try park next to the cleanest shiniest most expensive car - because I think someone in a M5 would care if he scratched his car. Someone in a 1982 Oldsmobile wouldn't. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Appreciate 0