E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Door Ajar Message

02-13-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
gvonmetz
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW e91 325xit

Door Ajar Message

I've had my e91 for a year now, and I absolutely love it. No problems yet, well at least until Sunday. I was driving along and the door ajar warning for my rear passenger side door chimed. A little confused, I pulled over, opened and closed the door, and pulled away. The warnings did not subside, and would turn on and off randomly. Now 1 out of every two trips, after I hit about 40 mph, the warning pulses on and off sporadically.

Conveniently, my 15,000 mile service was scheduled for today, so I brought the car in and reported the problem to my SA. When I got the car back, he said they had run all relevant scans and lubricated the door but weren't able to replicate the problem, nor did they find any faulty sensors in the door. I wasn't five minutes from the dealer when the same door ajar warning flashed back up. I called and scheduled another appointment for Thursday.

This wouldn’t be a big deal if all the cabin lights didn’t turn on and the car didn’t make the alert noise every 3 to 4 seconds. If anyone knows how to disable the door ajar warning temporarily, my commute would be a little more bearable (Hopefully only until Thursday when I go back to the dealer).

A few pieces of relevant info: I have had the door handle sticking issue, but the dealer is going to replace those under warranty, and the handles were sticking long before this warning started popping up. Additionally, the temperature has been in the 10-20 degree F range, but it has been that low for about 2 months. Besides, other e90post members deal with much colder climate.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? Better yet does anyone have any quick solutions?

Thanks
George
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 07:11 AM   #2
sirklink
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Sport Pkg

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem and would like to know what the fix was for you.
Appreciate 0