E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Phone Contacts

12-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
m@rk
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 520D SE

Garage List
Angry Phone Contacts

I am sure I have seen this discussed on here before but I can't find the discussion.

This week, my dealer has had to do a total wipe of my cars software and do a total from scratch rebuild and reload (long story, don't ask)

So I now have a number of setting options that I did not have before (which is nice) but I have a problem with my phone.

Up until yesterday morning (when the software was done), my phone (a HTC Desire) synced just fine and worked without complaint. The car is a non iDrive vehicle. All my contects would sync and be shown in the format First Name, Last Name

Now however the phone syncs etc but the contacts are presented in Lastname, Firstname order.

So I can put this down to the fact I must be running a newer firmware version but I can't find any way to change this (I have tried changing settings on the phone with no joy)

Am I missing something or is this classed as "improved functionality" that I will have to learn to live with.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 08:14 AM   #2
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m@rk View Post
I am sure I have seen this discussed on here before but I can't find the discussion.

This week, my dealer has had to do a total wipe of my cars software and do a total from scratch rebuild and reload (long story, don't ask)

So I now have a number of setting options that I did not have before (which is nice) but I have a problem with my phone.

Up until yesterday morning (when the software was done), my phone (a HTC Desire) synced just fine and worked without complaint. The car is a non iDrive vehicle. All my contects would sync and be shown in the format First Name, Last Name

Now however the phone syncs etc but the contacts are presented in Lastname, Firstname order.

So I can put this down to the fact I must be running a newer firmware version but I can't find any way to change this (I have tried changing settings on the phone with no joy)

Am I missing something or is this classed as "improved functionality" that I will have to learn to live with.
I think this is down to the new car software. I haven't found any way of changing to 'First / Last', which is a shame as it makes voice dialling less intuitive
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
walke_mr
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 320d SE 177

Garage List
Yeah Ive got the same issue since I had my software reflashed, its a bit of a pain and havent found a way of changing it back
Appreciate 0