E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Lowering Spring question

12-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
Destructo
Registered
Rep
Drives: white 335I

Lowering Spring question

I have a 335I coupe. I also have the M-package. Now on this at stock ride height my car also has a crazy front end rake. Im saying about 2 inches from tire to fender in front, but my rear tires are only about 1/4 of an inch if that.

I've been looking at H&R springs and I've looked at a lot of pictures and everyone has a pretty clean drop on their vehicle with these.

Here is my question, the website says it lowers the car 1.3inches in the front and 1.2 inches in the rear. Well if my rears drop that much my car will literally look retarded. Are the drop heights different from M-package and the base. Do I go according to the drop height listed on the website, or should just assume that it will work for my car and it will look like everyone elses.

Can anyone confirm how much the car actually lowers with these springs on a M-Package?

THanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

H&R lists the drop height from a standard ZSP model so the M-Sport models will drop less as they start out lower than the standard ZSP model. The end ride height will be the same between the two, the main difference is that the M-Sport models ride lower from the get go so they have less of a drop.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
Destructo
Registered
Rep
Drives: white 335I

Do you happen to know what the drop is for the sport suspension then?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #4
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo View Post
Do you happen to know what the drop is for the sport suspension then?
Sport is supposed to be about 0.6inches lower than standard.

Have a look at this thread, lots of good info here http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=613
Appreciate 0