E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Seats / Locking

02-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
sr47567
Private
Rep
Drives: G35 / 335i (e90)

Seats / Locking

Hello,
I have a couple of questions:

1) I am not able to get an audible confirmation when I lock my doors using the key fob. I don’t have I-Drive or an alarm system, but I was reading in the owners manual that you can set the car to do an audible as well as visual confirmation of locking the car. I am only able to find the visual confirmation option in the setup menu. And even then, it doesn’t seem to blink the lights or even keep them on for the 40s that I have the lights set to.

2) Memory seats. I also don’t have the comfort access but I do have the setup set that when I open the front door the seat should move to my preset position. I have preset 1 matched with my key fob, there is nothing mapped to preset 2. However, when I open the doors with my key fob, the seat still doesn’t move to its preset positions. i still have to press the button on the seat. Do i need to have a second preset matched to the other key fob?

Any thoughts?

I have sport, prem, and cold on the e90 335i manual

Thanks,
SR
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Perhaps things have changed on the 335i, but my 330i acts the same way as you've described, although I don't know that that's wrong.

When you use the fob to unlock your doors, the seat doesn't necessarily move to Memory Set 1, but rather the last position it was at when you locked the car with Fob 1. If you use Fob 2 to open your car, move the seats and side mirrors around, then lock with Fob 2, unlocking with Fob 1 should return your seat and mirrors to the last position they were in when locked with Fob 1.

If you want to go back to Memory 1 regardless of Fob, just hold the Memory 1 button on the side of your seat.

I wasn't aware that audible confirmation lock confirmation was available, just visual. I have been know to be wrong...very wrong...often.
      02-05-2007, 11:44 AM   #3
sr47567
Private
Rep
Drives: G35 / 335i (e90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshaw View Post
Perhaps things have changed on the 335i, but my 330i acts the same way as you've described, although I don't know that that's wrong.

When you use the fob to unlock your doors, the seat doesn't necessarily move to Memory Set 1, but rather the last position it was at when you locked the car with Fob 1. If you use Fob 2 to open your car, move the seats and side mirrors around, then lock with Fob 2, unlocking with Fob 1 should return your seat and mirrors to the last position they were in when locked with Fob 1.

If you want to go back to Memory 1 regardless of Fob, just hold the Memory 1 button on the side of your seat.

I wasn't aware that audible confirmation lock confirmation was available, just visual. I have been know to be wrong...very wrong...often.
Hello Paul,
Turns out that you need to have the alarm for the audible confirmation.

As far as the other issue is concerned, I'm still not sure why it would be based of off what the last setting was and not what the preset is set to.
- SR
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #4
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr47567 View Post
Hello Paul,
Turns out that you need to have the alarm for the audible confirmation.

As far as the other issue is concerned, I'm still not sure why it would be based of off what the last setting was and not what the preset is set to.
- SR
Who can say "why" it's based off of the last setting rather than the preset, someone over at BMW decided that. I suppose that if you lend the car to a friend, or it's at the dealership for an extended period of time for service, it would be annoying to the guest driver if every time they unlocked the car it went back to YOUR settings and they had to move everything around again.

I don't know, just throwing out a possibility.