E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Suspension Problems

11-23-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
335i Pal
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Suspension Problems

Lately (past 2 months) I have noticed that my suspension has not quite felt the same when I first got my 2007 e90 335i. It seems to want to jerk the wheel out of my hands a little, now this normally happens when on a not so smooth road, which I would expect the wheel to twist a little but not as severe as it is occurring. Some examples:

On the highway when switching lanes I can feel the car pull over the crowns in the roads a little more than a normal car.

I have also noticed that when pulling to stop that some times the wheel will swing a quarter of a turn to the right.

The problem seems more apt to pull to the right but have felt some pull to the left as well.

I took the car into the dealership last week because I am getting close to the end of my warranty (Feb 24 or 1300 miles) and they said that they could not find anything and had three separate people drive it and that is how the sport suspension drives.

Are they crazy or am I crazy? I just don't think it is driving like it should. Anyone experience this?

A little note, I came from a Mazdaspeed3 and obviously the suspension is no where comparable and maybe I am just still used to that.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
blacknbean
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

i got an alignment and it fixed everything. before the alignment i would always tense up and grip the wheel harder when going over bumpy roads at freeways speeds. now the steering wheel doesnt move at all over bumps.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i Pal View Post
Lately (past 2 months) I have noticed that my suspension has not quite felt the same when I first got my 2007 e90 335i. It seems to want to jerk the wheel out of my hands a little, now this normally happens when on a not so smooth road, which I would expect the wheel to twist a little but not as severe as it is occurring. Some examples:

On the highway when switching lanes I can feel the car pull over the crowns in the roads a little more than a normal car.

I have also noticed that when pulling to stop that some times the wheel will swing a quarter of a turn to the right.

The problem seems more apt to pull to the right but have felt some pull to the left as well.

I took the car into the dealership last week because I am getting close to the end of my warranty (Feb 24 or 1300 miles) and they said that they could not find anything and had three separate people drive it and that is how the sport suspension drives.

Are they crazy or am I crazy? I just don't think it is driving like it should. Anyone experience this?

A little note, I came from a Mazdaspeed3 and obviously the suspension is no where comparable and maybe I am just still used to that.
Yup, its the alignement - I had a similar issue with my car; the dealership ended up doing the alignment right because a cheap INdy messed it up.

Get someone to do a proper alignment (consider paying the dealer)
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #4
Babydragon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Try alignment, but it sounds like a bad break caliper.
Appreciate 0