E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > L7, DS & a Diesel fill

10-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
Coolieman1220
Banned
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

L7, DS & a Diesel fill

So this evening I needed a few gallons of diesel to get me thru the day so I can fill up tomorrow. I had 20 miles remaining so i put 3 gallons which gave me 110 miles remaining. $At 3.25 a gallon here in Staten Island, i can wait to pass through Jersey tomorrow and pay $2.95 a gallon. For a full up thats not a bad savings. It's funny because every time i fill up the oil burner someone comments. This time an older gentleman filling his car was like, "BMW makes a diesel? How is it?" "Yessir, great vehicle." "Well diesel gas aint a great price." "Yes but if it weren't diesel i'd be putting premium gas in it which is the same price and i easily get over 35mpg." "Wow that makes sense."

But thats besides the point, I was in rare form tonight. The radio was playing some good songs and I was in the mood to jam. Usually when i drive, the music is subtle, I like to hear my car and my engine and hear whats around me but tonight the music was good and the HD Radio signal sounds so crisp and clear. I cranked up the L7 sound system w/ the sunroof open and it sounded so good. I know this cars sound system is loud because i have played it while i was outside and heard it from far away. I love how the bass shakes and feels great but your mirrors dont rattle and shake. The sound is so clean and sounds great. I had it on L7 surround and I was just jamming.

I also used DS mode tonight. I've never really used it before. I use my paddle shifters often. I use it in loaners all the time because they're slow and need the extra zip. I find the diesel doesn't but tonight I used it and wow it makes a bit of a difference. Hangs the revs a bit, more responsive. Very nice.

All in all a pleasant drive as usual in the Bimmer. I love this car, it defines Ultimate Driving Machine/Experience.

And since I know you guys love pictures, enjoy! Took it today on my Droid 2
Attached Images

Last edited by Coolieman1220; 10-25-2010 at 07:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
ChiDiddy
Rep
Drives: pop smoke

i love my 335d too such a joy everyday to drive. i almost feel guilty having it as daily driver and racking miles on it!

so glad i didnt get the 335i. i recently amped up the stock L7 speakers and the sound quality became 10x better.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
Coolieman1220
Banned
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiDiddy View Post
i love my 335d too such a joy everyday to drive. i almost feel guilty having it as daily driver and racking miles on it!

so glad i didnt get the 335i. i recently amped up the stock L7 speakers and the sound quality became 10x better.
please explain how you "amped" them up.
I wonder how the L7 compare to the BMW HiFi in the M cars.
it really is an amazing car but the beauty of it being diesel, it likes the miles and wants more!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Great looking car, love those wheels!

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0