2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding USB drive missing music/album art

10-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
dtiger
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

USB drive missing music/album art

I tried to find a thread with my issue, but I couldn't find it. If anyone knows, please reply me with the link.
This is the issue. I just got my 528i car which is a September build with 6VC combo box. I use Windows Media Player 12 to manage my music. I noticed that some of my music/album arts are missing, even though I have music/album arts when I play them with Windows Media Player. I tried to change the album arts manually, and some times it fixed the problem (i.e. now the missing arts are showing in my car).But not all the time. If I browse with Windows Explorer (I'm using Windows 7), I can see the music/album art. So I must have done something wrong.
Anyone with this issue?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
Soon ExAudi Guy
Week 36 Build
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtiger View Post
I tried to find a thread with my issue, but I couldn't find it. If anyone knows, please reply me with the link.
This is the issue. I just got my 528i car which is a September build with 6VC combo box. I use Windows Media Player 12 to manage my music. I noticed that some of my music/album arts are missing, even though I have music/album arts when I play them with Windows Media Player. I tried to change the album arts manually, and some times it fixed the problem (i.e. now the missing arts are showing in my car).But not all the time. If I browse with Windows Explorer (I'm using Windows 7), I can see the music/album art. So I must have done something wrong.
Anyone with this issue?
Thanks.
Sorry, I can't help. I was probably the first on the forum speaking at length about the 6VC combox. I can tell you that your issue is specific to non iPod use (which works perfectly). My only suggestions are a) make sure your music and album art is in a single directory on your USB stick. I recall other thread talking about directory structures contributing to odd behavior.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
dtiger
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon ExAudi Guy View Post
Sorry, I can't help. I was probably the first on the forum speaking at length about the 6VC combox. I can tell you that your issue is specific to non iPod use (which works perfectly). My only suggestions are a) make sure your music and album art is in a single directory on your USB stick. I recall other thread talking about directory structures contributing to odd behavior.
Thanks for your suggestion, I tried to put them in a single directory and it still doesn't work. The reason I put them in separate directory, I use the browse directory option. Yeah, this is a little bit frustating. I think I recall your post a while back (but I couldn't find it), and I was hoping BMW fixes this with September build. I haven't tried with iPod yet (I think I can borrow someone's) and I'll give it a try. The thumb drive solution, I thought, it's nice since I can just put a small gadget in the console box rather an iPod since I use it to put other stuffs.

Anybody else found a solution?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
Kenteo
Registered
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F11 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtiger View Post
Thanks for your suggestion, I tried to put them in a single directory and it still doesn't work. The reason I put them in separate directory, I use the browse directory option. Yeah, this is a little bit frustating. I think I recall your post a while back (but I couldn't find it), and I was hoping BMW fixes this with September build. I haven't tried with iPod yet (I think I can borrow someone's) and I'll give it a try. The thumb drive solution, I thought, it's nice since I can just put a small gadget in the console box rather an iPod since I use it to put other stuffs.

Anybody else found a solution?

Thanks.
You need to embed the album art as metadata in each mp3 file. Adding a jpeg file in the same directory will not work. You can do this with a tool like Mp3tag
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
dtiger
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenteo View Post
You need to embed the album art as metadata in each mp3 file. Adding a jpeg file in the same directory will not work. You can do this with a tool like Mp3tag
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
That's what I did using Windows Media Player 12 - Tag Editor Plus 1.1 Plugin. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Let me try your suggestion with Mp3tag, probably it does better job than WMP. I'll let you know. Thanks.
Appreciate 0